addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 4
can anyone in the group recommend a good instruction book on Wordpress for beginner to intermediate level? One that includes backend development for customization? I've been spoiled by such great books as those offered by Larry Ullman for PHP and David Sawyer McFarland for JQuery and was hoping to find an instruction book on Wordpress that elucidated code like the aformentioned authors. I've purchased 2 books already on the subject and was disappointed.
Amanda G.
amandagiles
Barrington, NH
Post #: 34
Which 2 books did you already purchase?
A former member
Post #: 5
hey Amanda, I had no idea you were a member. Anyway, I purchased the VQS guide and a Sitepoint book and neither do a sufficient job for me at explaining code. I picked up a book recommended by a member at this past Wordpress Meetup and your friend Carl said he uses this book as a reference for his class that he teaches. So, I think I'm all set for now.
Larry U.
user 57195822
Boston, MA
Post #: 20
Thanks for the nice words, Christopher! Great to hear that I'm spoiling people!