addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Boston PHP Message Board HTML5 Brunch, Season 7 › Module 10: Learning Git and GitHub

Module 10: Learning Git and GitHub

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 3,984

Welcome to the Module 10: Learning Git and GitHub discussion area for Become a Front-End Web Developer. Once you have reviewed Module 10: Learning Git and GitHub, and completed the suggested exercises, please click "Add a reply" and post a link to your work along with any comments and observations.

Back to > Master Discussion List
ШΘйế Ä.
user 7413467
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 553
Awesome! We are always grateful.
Gregory G.
user 189857594
Belmont, MA
Post #: 25
completed course and working on next one, bootstrap, latest exercises located on my github site at https://github.com/gg...­
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 3,990
@Greg -- Nice work. I'll open up Module 11 later this week.
Michael L.
Michael2121
Boston, MA
Post #: 92
I have finished Module 10. I wasn't impressed with this course. It barely covered GitHub and many of the lessons seemed longer than they needed to be. I didn't want to install Gulp or configure his projects to learn Git syntax so I skipped those steps. They added a lot of complexity to lessons that basically introduced the `git clone` command and a three-step process to download all branches from a repo.

Learning Git and GitHub: Certificate

Unlike other courses where I worked inside each video lesson's folder, I found it easier to copy lesson 01_03's files into a work folder and use it for all videos in part 1.

In lesson 2-01, the Angular Data project he refers to in his repo is now called `angulardata_old`.

I put together a short Git cheatsheet with the commands he introduced in the videos.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 4,019
@Mike -- Useful feedback and sweet cheatsheet!