addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Portland Boxer Activity Club Message Board › Meetup Co-Organizers

Meetup Co-Organizers

Barbara Higgins St...
Barbandherboxers
North Plains, OR
Post #: 22
Hey all,

We have had a super busy summer, I hope all of you enjoyed it! A few other members and myself have discussed the idea of several organizers. Would anyone like to step into that role? We were thinking a North, East, West and South co-organizer. It's not difficult but sometimes I schedule a meetup and the morning of, I just really want to go to the river or coast, lol. However feel obligated to go, as I scheduled it. Did you like the beach meet ups? Would we like like to do another 1000 acres before summer is over? Any other dog parks you would like to add to our rotation? I really don't like having anyone feeling left out. In the past the group hasn't been that active during the winter months. I would like to change that! My pack is a rain or shine group. My only complaint is my local dog park has a crappy winter area. Are there any dog parks with grass around the are that stay open during the winter? We can schedule indoor ones, but we don't go to those as they don't allow the intact males, and so many of our friends have gotten sick.

Please let me know what you think,

Barbara
Erica S.
user 13021803
Portland, OR
Post #: 6
We live in St. Johns and could help co-ordinate meetups in our area. We like Kelly Point Park and Chimney dog park.
Barbara Higgins St...
Barbandherboxers
North Plains, OR
Post #: 29
Fantastic! Thanks for the help! Chimney is on my list of attendable winter locations. While most have a winter area, the winter area in most parks is far too small to host a meetup.
A former member
Post #: 1
Potso Dog Park in Tigard is open year round and rather than grass there are wood chips so the dogs don't get muddy :)