21 Jurong Town Hall Rd Singapore 609433, Singapore
Come & be certified. This is also the start of b.Philosophy plan for future outdoor climbing in Sg & M'sia which Abseiling is needed.
Climbing in the great outdoor gives you much higher liberating feeling of achievement when you reach the top !
Who knows, you may get hooked in to this ! Location : The Cliff Address : 21 Jurong Town Hall Rd Singapore[masked]
Map : http://goo.gl/maps/47O6c
Dictionary describes abseiling as a sport that involves climbing down the front of a large rock or a tall building while holding onto a rope. It is also called rappelling. Just like sport climbing, abseiling is fast gaining popularity here. If you have a fear for height, all the more you should try to overcome it. While watching one dangling in mid-air seems to look like one dangerous affair, the contrary is actually true. It is safer than cycling on road, knowing too well the behaviour of some motorists here.
This is an introduction to ‘Abseiling Proficiency Course Level One for those who are keen. This one day course aims to equip trainees with some technical knowledge and pro-active attitude towards safety in abseiling.
Please wear proper sports attire , preferably 3/4 pants and trainees must be at least 13 years of age.
Trainees will be taught the following:
• Basic knowledge on equipment used for abseiling activities
• Ability to apply proper abseiling command and perform a safe and controlled descent
• How to wear a harness correctly
• Correct rig-in to abseil system with a Fig 8 descender
• Perform a self-rescue
Items to bring along : 1. Sun block
3. Extra clothes to change after shower(Optional)
5. Water bottle
Course Fee : S$70.00
Payment Details : POSB Passbook Savings Account[masked]
Please sms your name and payment reference number once you have done so. Feel free to text me at[masked] for further enquiry.
Note: This event requires payment to be made first then organizer will move you into the GOING list. The meetup rsvp on the right will hence always show "No spots left" which is incorrect. Organizer will announce when its full, not this web page. -------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer : Singapore Adventurous Nature-Lovers Meetup is an amateur adventure platform that welcomes all outdoor adventure seekers. By joining the activities, all participants are deemed to have agreed to the terms and conditions contained in this disclaimer, and agreed to exonerate the activities leaders, the organizers and any other participants in the trips from any liabilities, claims, including but not limited to liabilities and claims as a result of any injuries or deaths or damages arising thereof.
Disclaimer Terms of Participation as Follows:
1) If the participant does not show up at the meeting point specified on the agreed date and time, the organizer will not wait for the participant. There is no refund of any money paid.
2) No refund will be given if you cannot turn up. However; Replacement is acceptable subject to whether you can find one.
3) It is a fundamental condition that the participant acknowledges that this is an adventure tour. This requires some flexibility. The itinerary is taken as a guideline only. The organizer can not be hold responsible or liable for any delays caused by accidents, strikes, government regulations, weather or natural casualties, etc.
4) The participant understands that during the course of the trip certain events may occur, including, but not limited to, accident or illness, political instability and the forces of nature. The participant agrees to assume all risks associated with the journey. While safety measures will be in place, the organizer can not be hold responsible or liable for any personal injuries to the participants.
5) We are arranging the trip for our own self expedition & our dear group members. This is just like friends going on a informal trips together and we just volunteer to do all co-ordination & collects payments in advance.
6) As we’re not travel agents and still have our own full time jobs to focus on, besides being able to make prior commitment to any logistics arrangements; for our own convenience we seek member's understanding & agreement that we would be collecting payment in advance.
7) There is also no way we can issue receipts for any payment. We are not a company or society. We're just social friends collecting & paying for all the costs involved.
**When you paid up for this event, it is understood that you have read, agreed and accepted the above terms and conditions.*