WordPress is the best thing to happen to Brooklyn's startups and entrepreneurs since they built the bridge!
Product, service, startup, ecommerce, mobile apps, brick & mortar, non-profit... using WordPress correctly can make any business more successful.
Learn how to use WordPress to grow your business:
* what WordPress can do for a Brooklyn based business
* why it's essential for startups
* how to convert visitors into buyers & customers
* web copywriting do's & dont's (words you should never use)
* better marketing with WordPress
* put it all together: live critiques of Brooklyn-based business websites
On the tech side:
* save time and money with WP frameworks
* plugins & tools for businesses
* WordPress themes for startups
The greatest thing about WordPress... just like Brooklyn-based businesses... it can make almost anything happen!
* 6:00pm - networking and light refreshments
* 7:00pm sharp - presentation in reRun theater
* 8:30pm - mix & mingle and more Q&A
Presenting is D.K. Smith, formerly chief strategist at GetCustomers.com... the SEO, conversion and digital marketing firm he launched in 1998. D.K. is a co-founder of WP Security Pros (http://www.wpsecurity.com/), and also the founder of the WordPress Brooklyn meetup. He is now an advisor to both businesses, so that he can serve as managing director at the Brooklyn Innovation Center (http://brooklyninnovation.com/).
The Brooklyn Innovation Center's (http://brooklyninnovation.com/) accelerator program gets startups through the seed stage, which means getting them to the point where they've built something impressive enough to raise money from later stage investors. Startups in the accelerator are eligible for funding from Brooklyn Innovation Center and a cohort of outside angel investors.