addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

CameraFRAUD.com Message Board › Paradise Valley, AZ caught CHEATING RED-HANDED!!!!

Paradise Valley, AZ caught CHEATING RED-HANDED!!!!

david k
user 9775015
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 6
I posted earlier that I was ticketed at an intersection with a short yellow. I videotaped the offending intersection and posted the video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.co...­

If you stopwatch it, you'll see it's only 3 sec long. I may post a sample of a comparable intersection later which shows the yellow to be 4 sec long. At 40 mph, a 4-sec yellow is the recommended duration. Anything shorter than that creates a "dilemma zone" where you can be in a certain range where you are too close to stop safely and too far to pass thru at the speed limit. And with the camera in question, it also has a speed sensor, so if you choose to speed up, you can be ticketed for that too!

Ok, it gets better! Within a DAY of when I inquired to the city about this intersection, the duration of the yellow light mysteriously changed to greater than 4 seconds. I did not reveal at the time of the inquiry that I had videotape evidence of the 3 sec yellow, and I am REALLY glad I made the video before asking about it (I suspected that something like this might happen). When the public works guy returned my call after the light was adjusted, I told him that I had video evidence, and then the line went silent for a few seconds while he was thinking about how to respond to the fact that he was caught red-handed. Of course, he's denying that he has any knowledge of anything having changed. I want to be careful not to make a direct accusation against any specific individual (so I don't get sued), but clearly SOMEBODY did SOMETHING.
Mischa
malfeasant
Tempe, AZ
Post #: 4
And for this, you deserve a highfive... or two or three, awesome!