addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Eugene Hiking & Camping Meetup Group Message Board › Waterproofing boots

Waterproofing boots

A former member
Post #: 3
I have a great pair of boots, but I bought them when I was down in Nevada, so they really didn't need to be waterproof, as the snow in the valley never gets very deep, and, I wasn't going outside much when it was. But now, I want to be able to keep my boots dry, and have them last as long as possible (these are the best boots I've ever owned!). Could someone link me to information on how to waterproof your hiking boots properly? It would be much appreciated!

TIA, Cathie
Matthew H.
user 14228003
Eugene, OR
Post #: 26
Try the REI in Eugene, near the corner of 3rd and Lawrence. There are a few different waterproofing brands they carry. It also depends on the type of boots, as in leather or suede upper. Here is a link to REI's website and the waterproofing they carry: http://www.rei.com/ca...­. I hope that helps.
BW
user 13960694
Eugene, OR
Post #: 1
Try the REI in Eugene, near the corner of 3rd and Lawrence. There are a few different waterproofing brands they carry. It also depends on the type of boots, as in leather or suede upper. Here is a link to REI's website and the waterproofing they carry: http://www.rei.com/ca...­. I hope that helps.
I have worked outside in all weather from installing roofs ect. to being in mud , snow ,working in water in basements for over 30 years.The only thing I use is -Huberad"s Shoe Grease-(waterproofs any leather) Used by Or loggers since 1929, made in McMinnville.Or .,sold at BiMart.I tryed them all from Red Wing Brand.silicon,mink oil,shoe wax, ect.,ect.the list goes on and on.Huberds is the Best the only thing that comes close is spending another $100 when buying boots and get them with Gore-Tex.Take care of your feet -you are only as Young as they are.
A former member
Post #: 4
Thanks, both of you!

Goin' to Bi-Mart today... *Grin*