addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Oregon Medical Marijuana Patients, Growers and Caregivers Message Board › Koh Chang Thai ~ 100% Sativa Seeds and Clones

Koh Chang Thai ~ 100% Sativa Seeds and Clones

A former member
Post #: 4
I don't know Chuck but there is nothing wrong with asking for the best price he can get for his patients. Bartering drives a market. Some growers will find $10 for a healthy clone to be fair. Seed companies routinely charge $10 a seed good genetics and this comes with a lot more uncertainty.

Unfortunately what LoveLightFamily wrote is incorrect. The new regulations (latest draft = http://www.oregon.gov...­) explicitly state that growers cannot be compensated for their labor. This is lunacy. In a fair market value determines price.
A former member
Post #: 5
I found this:

http://www.worldofsee...­ - 17.50 Euros for 3 seeds.
A former member
Post #: 42
That has been going on for a long time now. People who complain about fair reimbursements tend to lean on the "reimbursement only"clause in the law to try and rip you off. Very few growers are doing this out of generosity and not trying to make a buck. Services require compensation. That's what drives a market. If someone wants my high end genetics that I've spent years trying to accumulate, and spent countless hour taking care of, you bet your ass they are paying more than ten dollars for a clone they will likely replicate into thousands.
Right on brother. Eugene, OR has the lowest priced herb in the country. This also means that people respect growers the least. I take great care of my patients, but F*#@ the people that want to offer me little to nothing for the top shelf excess that I produce, and then resell it and make double. Growers need to band together and demand better compensation. This will keep the quality high and everyone will be happy, except of course the entitled people that think they deserve everything for free...
Ananda
A.Handshealer
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 743
I never have given a cr*p what reimbursements people give or take. The only ones I am interested in are the one I give and take for myself, for my patients and for the membership and other OMMP members. This association is not about making money for growers. And it is not about giving meds to everyone at a loss financially. It IS about finding that middle ground where Patients, Caregivers and Growers all receive exactly what they need and in some cases even what they want (over and above needs). Either way, forgive me if you can't get what you need. Medical Marijuana needs an entire village and some compassion to make it work. Lots of us start blaming each other instead of taking aim at the State (local and federal) who are the mother fuckers in this case and NOT ANY OF US. We are all just doing our best in a hostile environment. Some of like to increase the hostility. This is not the place for that. What it sounds like is you can't get reimbursed. So you come to us and we tell you realistic prices. You get mad and start this thread. Thanks. It is not the first time. And it will not be the last. When it turn legal you can try to make a profit off it. For now it is both hard and illegal. I can't understand how some of us really believe we can just "charge what it is worth" ... well we can't and we (the ommgpa) don't. It is that simple. Sorry, I wasn't able to get that across to you the first time.
I ALWAYS accept what the grower asks. I may advise that it could go quicker if you lower your financial expectations. Sometime people agree, sometime they shit on me and call me bad names and tell everyone what an evil person I am . Oh, well. To each his own.
This is exactly why I will not work with chuck. If you ask for a fair compensation for your expenses he will offer you half what you are asking. People are taking growers for granted. What we do is valuable and and there are still plenty of people in the community who recognize that and are willing to offer fair reimbursement. Starting in march, OMMP growers will be able to legally factor in their work hours when calculating their expenses and what they need for reimbursement. Cheaper and cheaper meds is not good for the movement, and I expect prices to rise slightly when the dispensary model takes off around here. Soon there will be dispensaries that will give a fair price in cash for medicinal grade meds and will be very successful. I am UNWILLING to accept an unfair reimbursement from chuck on a consignment type deal. That is taking advantage of growers plain and simple.
Look, Dude, if you could get reimbursed at the rate you wanted you wouldn't be over at the market because you would have already been reimbursed. But you want more than people are willing to pay (right off) so it is taking you longer and somehow you blame me for not wanting to pay you more than it is worth. Do you see how crazy that is?
Oh, and PS, if you had any real concern about this you would talk to me about and use a real name instead of hiding behind innuendo and fake name ... Come on down and lets talk. I don't even know who you are or what strain or quality you are talking about nor does anyone else out side your head. for all i know this is just made up whatever .... who really knows besides you, and the other loving, light people?
A former member
Post #: 115
Chuck. . I'm not personally attacking you, but your explination of people's expectations the market is exactly why I don't participate. I receive much higher reimbursements and I'm constantly low on supply when I work on my own. Lovelight....fyi.. there are much more reasonable clubs in town you can try if the farmers market didn't meet your needs
Ero
user 12902424
Eugene, OR
Post #: 135
You guys are far too upset by haggling over $10 bucks.
Robert M.
Grower55
Eugene, OR
Post #: 4
I have been a horse trader all my life and learned from one of the best, my father-in-law. We always tried to get bottom dollar and the seller always tried to get top price. We would finally come together in the middle or thereabouts, to make a deal that was fair for both of us. Just because one wants to pay little because his market depends on it and one wants to charge high because his market provides it doesn't mean we still can't come together, or not. There is no reason to dis each other because you don't like each other's prices. I've paid as much as $30 a clone for a good teen of a good strain, so price is relevant! You don't have to defend yourself, Chuck, and neither does the seller. You both dost protest too much. It is unprofessional! We are only talking about the principal of the thing and not the $10 cause that would be ridiculas.
Robert M.
Grower55
Eugene, OR
Post #: 5
Besides, I have bought some very nice clones from Chuck for $5 that have flowered out nicely.
Allan N.
user 98951992
Eugene, OR
Post #: 24
I have sold good smoke to the market for $60/oz because I like Chuck and believe in what he's doing, and I bought one of the Koh Chang Thai clones for $20 because its a beautiful plant and I trust the grower, whoever that is:) They obviously took great pride in their work and I am excited to have the benefit of their skill and devotion! Does this make me gullible and a fool? ABSOLUTELY, but I'd embrace that ANY DAY over this cynical poison:)
(Chuck says) awesome reply ... i'm with you !
A former member
Post #: 116
It's all free market principles that apply. .. its impossible to make everyone happy. Desperation and supply drive prices down. If growers become too unhappy with prices, they will start to say no to lowballers and prices will go up. ..