addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Canucks Amuck - Toronto Wargaming Group Message Board › May Meet-up Game Scheduling

May Meet-up Game Scheduling

Kozure
Kozure
Group Organizer
York, ON
Post #: 715
Post here to schedule your games for the May meet-up.

Best format is to indicate which game you want to play, how many participants are needed if it's a multiplayer game, and when the game starts and how long it usually runs.

Impromptu/ad hoc gaming is welcome, but it is frequently a good idea to pre-arrange your games so that you're not without an opponent on the day itself.

I'm looking for opponents for "The Tide at Sunrise: The Russo-Japanese War, 1904-1905" and "Fighting Formations". My entire day is currently free, but it would be great to start with "The Tide at Sunrise" from 11 AM forward until 2 or 3 (it's a 3-4 hour game for beginners) and Fighting Formations for the remainder (a 3 hour game for first timers).
Steven K.
StevenKoblinsky
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
Hi Christopher. Last meet-up was my first time attending. I've been looking at buying this game, so I wouldn't mind playing. I don't think MMP has the rules up though. We would have to go through them first.
A former member
Post #: 6
Have a quick scenario for Tide of Iron: Tiger tanks charing Fireflys and Shermans. Takes about 45 minutes to play. Good for 2 or 3 players. Any takers?

Also always up for game of WoTR or perhaps some C&C Ancients.

If there are any Flames of War players out there I am very interested in a game, though I have no forces.
DavidB
dbloomberg
North York, ON
Post #: 668
I'm on track to attend and looking to play one of the following charges:

Deathride (ATO Magazine) : Battle of Mars la Tour during the Franco-Prussian War 1870
Bradley's D-Day (ATO Magazine): Charging off either Omaha or Utah beaches on D-Day
Infidel (GMT Games): Arsuf where Richard the Lion Heart has to hold his army together as he travels down the coast to Jerusalem

If you're interested in one of these, reply here.

Regards
DB
Kozure
Kozure
Group Organizer
York, ON
Post #: 716
Hi Christopher. Last meet-up was my first time attending. I've been looking at buying this game, so I wouldn't mind playing. I don't think MMP has the rules up though. We would have to go through them first.

Hi Stephen,

If you have any experience in traditional hex-and-counter+CRT type wargames, this one is a breeze to pick up. If not, it will take maybe 5 minutes to walk you through the basics and the rest we can cover as we get to. This is a a 3/10 on my wargaming scale of complexity - the rulebook for the basic game is ~8 pages.

If you're still interested, let's aim to start for 11:15.
Steven K.
StevenKoblinsky
Toronto, ON
Post #: 2
Thanks Christopher. 11:15 it is. I've had lot's of playing- many, many years ago. I don't think it'll take too long to get up to speed.

Steven
A former member
Post #: 7

Deathride (ATO Magazine) : Battle of Mars la Tour during the Franco-Prussian War 1870
Bradley's D-Day (ATO Magazine): Charging off either Omaha or Utah beaches on D-Day
Infidel (GMT Games): Arsuf where Richard the Lion Heart has to hold his army together as he travels down the coast to Jerusalem

Regards
DB

David if you bring the two ATO magazine games, I'll play one, or both.
Kozure
Kozure
Group Organizer
York, ON
Post #: 717
Thanks Christopher. 11:15 it is. I've had lot's of playing- many, many years ago. I don't think it'll take too long to get up to speed.

Steven

Sounds good, Steven. Since you've played hex and counter games, this one will be easy-peasy to pick up.
Tim P.
user 2808733
Toronto, ON
Post #: 221
I'm going to come again this month, and hopefully not get sick.

Don, if you're coming are you interested in finally playing NW:K? I suggest we start with the basic game for now, but I am also willing to take the plunge into the Advanced game if you're eager.
DavidB
dbloomberg
North York, ON
Post #: 670

Regards
DB

David if you bring the two ATO magazine games, I'll play one, or both.

Hey Paul,

Ok, let me see what works best in the time we have and I'll let you know which one we'll play. I'll see if there's a rules link for you as well.

Best,
DB