Canyoneering Knots, Bends & Hitches!
Learn the difference between Knots, Bends and Hitches!
We'll not only learn how to make them, but we'll learn what each of them are best used for!
We'll make our own Prusik Loops to take home!
We'll make our own 2-Length Tethers to take home!
We'll make our own Foot Loops to take home!
And, we'll cover the following:
- Knots: Overhand, Overhand on a bight, Overhand Follow-Through, Stopper, Figure 8, Figure 8 on a bight, Figure 8 follow-through, Figure 9, Alpine Butterfly
- Bends: EDK, Double Fisherman, Figure 8 follow-through, Square Fisherman, Ring Bend (webbing)
- Hitches: Girth, Clove, Munter, Prusik
This workshop will be held at Griffith Park; exact location will be provided to participants; please bring a headlamp.
- I will provide 7' of 7mm accessory cord for your double-length tether
- I will provide 10' of 9/16 webbing for your foot loop
- I will provide 4' of 6mm accessory cord for your prusik
PLEASE READ THIS!! I say this workshop is 'almost' free because the $10 not only covers the costs of the tools you'll be taking home with you, but you can take $10 off a 3-day Technical Canyoneering Course!! Charging a fee for this FREE workshop should also prevent people from signing up who have no intention of attending. Please pay the $10 in advance via Paypal to: [masked] If you don't have Paypal, you must confirm to me that you are guaranteed to attend and you that you will bring cash to the event. If you cancel or are a no-show after your commitment to me, REGARDLESS OF THE REASON, you may not be allowed to RSVP to future events, or you might be removed from the meetup group entirely. Even if you bring your own materials, you must pay the $10 fee.