Avery Creek, Pisgah Dayhike
Length: Approx. 10 miles; Elevation gain and loss: 1,680 ft.
Pace: Moderate, 2 mph.
Travel Distance: Approximately 2 1/2 hours.
If we haven't hiked together before, we will need to talk before the hike to make sure this is a good fit. Please answer question for your telephone number.
- Hike Description: Loop (Danny Bernstein's Hiking the Carolina Mountains)
- Start at FS 477 parking area, Buckhorn Gap Trail
- Twin Fall Tail to Falls (Out and Back)
- Buckhorn Gap Trail to Black Mountain Trail
- Black Mountain Trail to Avery Creek Trail
- Avery Creek/Buckhorn Gap Trail back to cars
Approximate time on trail: 5 to 5 1/2 hours.
- Stop on the way back to Charlotte for dinner.
Cost: Carpool gas and dinner.
- This is an all-day trip. Please don't sign up if you have other commitments for Saturday evening.
- No beginners please.
- Please bring winter hike clothing and layers, rain gear, snacks and minimum 2 liters of water.
- No dogs please.
Berg Guidelines for Event Participants (http://files.meetup.com/520812/Guidelines.for.Event.Participants.htm)
Berg Guidelines for Event Organizers (http://files.meetup.com/520812/Guidelines.for.Event.Organizers.htm)