Location visible to members
This event is sold out!
Add yourself to the waiting list at http://uxnight20.eventbrite.com .
Note: RSVP'ing on Meetup alone does NOT equal a ticket. You must purchase a ticket via Eventbrite to attend this event.
5:00pm-7:40pm Speed Design Mentoring
Doors at 5:00pm • Sign-ups at 5:15pm • Sessions start at 5:40pm
8:00-8:25pm Spotlight on the Eventbrite Design Team
8:30-9:30pm "Hooked: How to Build Habit Forming Products" with Nir Eyal
5:15pm-7:40pm Speed Design Mentoring
Here's how it works:
• At 5:15pm attendees will form a line to sign up to meet with up to 2 mentors – each 20m timed sessions.
• Cascade SF Staff and Volunteers will time and manage the sessions and direct attendees to their mentors.
• The schedule will broadcast on projectors throughout the venue. We'll also post a link for everyone to view in real time.
UPDATE: We are now using a digital registration system instead of a whiteboard.
• We'll be serving pizza and refreshments – thanks to Eventbrite.
Why meet with a mentor?
• Get 1-1 design feedback on your app, product or portfolio.
• Pick the brains of talented and successful designers willing to share their knowledge with you.
• Ask for career guidance or advice.
• Open to designers, developers, entrepreneurs and anyone who would like to attend.
April UXNight Mentor Lineup (partial list – we have 30 designers!):
For the full list visit: http://uxnight20.eventbrite.com
Spotlight on the Eventbrite Design Team
Get to know the Eventbrite design team, what their job is like, their roles and responsibilities, and learn about types of projects they work on.
Hooked: How to Build Habit Forming Products
with Nir Eyal
What makes some products so engaging while others flop? Nir Eyal explains the psychology behind the world's most habit-forming technologies and provides practical advice for increasing user engagement.
About Nir Eyal
Nir Eyal writes, consults, and teaches about the intersection of psychology, technology, and business. Nir founded and sold two companies since 2003 and has taught the "Using Neuroscience to Influence Human Behavior" course as a lecturer at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. In addition to blogging at NirAndFar.com, Nir's writing frequently appears in TechCrunch, Inc, The Harvard Business Review, and Psychology Today. He is the author of the bestselling book, "Hooked: How to Build Habit Forming Products."
Thank you for sponsoring!
Eventbrite is hiring! Join a team of passionate, driven, creative, and fun-loving people. (https://www.eventbrite.com/jobs#current_positions)
Salesforce is hiring designers! Checkout their available job opportunities (http://salesforce.careermount.com/candidate/job_search/quick/results?location=san%2Bfrancisco&keyword=design&sort_dir=desc&sort_field=post_date).