What we're about
The Vancouver chapter of Canadian Autistics United.
This group is for autistic people and those who support us. There is a social component as well as activism in regards to disability rights and autism acceptance.
Anyone open to the concept of neurodiversity is welcome to join – this group is intended to benefit those on the spectrum, but you do not have to be autistic (just respect our unique needs and opinions).
Group Code of Conduct:
3. Be considerate about people's boundaries (do not ask overly personal questions, be careful about others' access needs and triggers)
4. Feel free to speak up, but also let others have their turn to speak (try to avoid tangents)
5. Use people's pronouns; ask what they are if you are unsure
6. No isms (racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, no religious discrimination etc.)
7. Use appropriate language (no profanity)
8.Avoid using functioning labels
9.Use respectful terminology
10.Do not out people
11. If you feel uncomfortable or think that guidelines are not being followed, let Sam or Vivian know!
Feel free to message Sam or Vivian if you have any other questions questions