Sunday is going to be sunny and 65--perfect for a longer walk in the woods!
The Green Trail (http://www.howardbirds.org/birdinghowardcounty/Wincopin/wincopin_directions.htm) is a natural-surface path just over 2 miles long. There are some interesting old ruins of bridges and dams that you'll see along the trail, and they are good vantage points for beautiful views of the river. Part of the path is covered in woodchips but there are likely to be muddy spots considering the recent rain. This trail is slightly more challenging than other CDOG walks and is not stroller friendly.
We are going to be moving faster than usual. I’d like to aim for a pace between 2.5 and 3 mph. The intention is for this walk to be at a more comfortable pace for some of the larger breeds although smaller dogs are welcome if they can keep up.
Columbia Dogs on the Go provides a way for you to meet people with similar interests on a voluntary basis. By replying "Yes" to this RSVP and attending this event, you acknowledge that:
• You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of your dogs and any guests.
• Your dogs are current on their vaccinations.
• Your dogs will be kept on a leash (non-retractable) and under your control at the Meetup.
• You will clean up after your dogs at the Meetup.
• You will update your RSVP if your plans change.
• You understand that the Meetup ends when the walk ends. (If you choose to meet other members at a restaurant, dog park, or other location, it is on your own time and not part of the Meetup event.)