Please read this whole description :)
Thursday will be only 69 degrees and mostly sunny. (Then it's going to rain for 3 days!) Let's take the extension over to Harper's Farm Road, which is roughly 1.5 miles each way, so we won't be going around the lake. However you can go around the lake if you wish, after we break off to the Harper's Farm Trail. We will still meet at the lake as always, and walk to the RIGHT OF THE LAKE, (counter clockwise) and go from there.
Wilde Lake is a little gem of Columbia, 1.49 miles long, often we walk it twice to make it longer. Directions: Coming from south of the mall.....Travel North on Little Patuxent Pkwy past the Columbia Mall. Turn left at the intersection of W Running Brook Rd. Upon entering the housing development, take the left onto Hyla Brook Rd, there is a white sign there that reads "Birches". Continue on this road until you see a small parking lot near the water next to a stone building with a maroon roof. We will meet there in the parking lot.
Let's turn right at the lake to start the walk, so if you arrive late, either go left to catch up with us, or if you're really late, go right so you will run into us. WE WILL LEAVE ON TIME, so please plan to arrive early. Please change your RSVP if you won't be attending. Otherwise if we leave and you aren't there, we'll keep an eye out for you.
PLEASE bring WATER for yourself and your dogs.
Columbia Dogs on the Go provides a way for people with FRIENDLY DOGS to meet people with similar interests on a voluntary basis. By replying "Yes" to this RSVP and attending this event, you acknowledge that:
• You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of your dogs and any guests.
• Your dogs are current on their vaccinations.
• Your dogs will be kept on a leash (non-retractable) and under your control at the Meetup.
• You will clean up after your dogs at the Meetup.
• You will UPDATE YOUR RSVP if your plans change. (Please don't let us think you're coming if you are not.)
• You understand that the Meetup ends when the walk ends. (If you choose to meet other members at a restaurant, dog park, or other location, it is on your own time and not part of the Meetup event.)
We look forward to seeing you there!