The sun is still out! Let's go walk doggies :D
Lake Kittamaqundi, the downtown heart of Columbia. For many years, the path only went only part-way around the lake. But in the fall of 2014, the Columbia Association completed the circuit and we can now walk around the entire lake along a new paved path!
This walk is very flat, only one gentle hill, and 1.5 miles around. We'll pass by the People Tree, the lakefront stage, and long-established Columbia restaurants like Clyde's and Tomato Palace.
You will basically head for the new Whole Foods of Columbia (added in Fall 2014), across from the Columbia Mall. However, we will park and meet in the lower lot, down the hill, and to the right of Whole Foods (as you look at it from the front.) This is actually the parking lot for the new Haven on the Lake spa. Please park in the area furthest from the spa entrance, as shown on the map below, so that we are closest to the trail and won't get in the way of the spa clients.
SAFETY & COURTESY
Please arrive early, to allow the dogs time to sniff and form their pack. We will leave on time. If you can't make it please change your RSVP promptly, or leave a comment. We'll turn to the right on the trail (counter clockwise) so you'll know where to find us if you arrive late.
Please bring water for yourself & your dogs. We're trying to avoid sharing water on the trail to prevent the chance of spreading the New Dog Flu.
If you see joggers or bikers, please shout "ON YOUR LEFT" to keep the dogs safe from being trampled, and to protect others from tripping on our animals.
Columbia Dogs on the Go provides a way for friendly people with friendly dogs (please no lunging, snarling or snapping dogs) to meet people with similar interests on a voluntary basis. By replying "Yes" to this RSVP and attending this event, you acknowledge that:
• You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of your dogs and any guests.
• Your dogs are current on their vaccinations.
• Your dogs will be kept on a 6-foot fixed leash (non-retractable) and under your control at the Meetup.
• You will clean up after your dogs at the Meetup.
• You will update your RSVP if your plans change.
• You understand that the Meetup ends when the walk ends. (If you choose to meet other members at a restaurant, dog park, or other location, it is on your own time and not part of the Meetup event.)
Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
Photos by J. Ameen-Lee