Sunday promises to be partly cloudy with a high of 67 degrees. Join us for a short walk to Tastee Zone for some ice cream or maybe a snowball. Opie's is closed for the season, so we will visit in the Spring!
We will start at Matthew's 1600 Restaurant parking lot and walk a short paved trail to Edmondson Avenue, and down one block to Tastee Zone where there is outside seating.
The walk is the historic No. 8 Streetcar Path, a project of Catonsville Rails to Trails. It's 1/3 mile long, paved, level and shaded all the way. There's a really cool mural of a full-size streetcar and street scene right in the middle of the trail, and a restored stone 1939 waiting station. The streetcars used this route from 1896 to 1963.
Once we arrive at Tastee Zone, we can relax and enjoy a nice refreshing snowball, sundae, or ice cream cone.
You can also check it out on your own sometime.
WHERE TO MEET
We'll meet in the back of the Matthew's 1600 Restaurant's parking lot near the tree line on your right. We'll walk the 1/3 mile long paved trail to Opie's and come back.
Please bring water for your dog!
Columbia Dogs on the Go provides a way for friendly people with friendly dogs (please no lunging, snarling or snapping dogs) to meet people with similar interests on a voluntary basis. By replying "Yes" to this RSVP and attending this event, you acknowledge that:
• You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of your dogs and any guests.
• Your dogs are current on their vaccinations.
• Your dogs will be kept on a 6-foot fixed leash (non-retractable) and under your control at the Meetup.
• You will clean up after your dogs at the Meetup.
• You will update your RSVP if your plans change.
• You understand that the Meetup ends when the walk ends. (If you choose to meet other members at a restaurant, dog park, or other location, it is on your own time and not part of the Meetup event.)
Looking forward to seeing everyone again!