addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Columbia Dogs-on-the-Go Message Board › DOG PARK Play Dates

DOG PARK Play Dates

Mary L.
maryclove
Columbia, MD
Post #: 294
Want to let others know when you're going to the dog park?
Or find out when they're going?
Here's how!

We are opening up access to our mailing list to share information about who’s going to the dog park and when. (Dog park dates are not set up as "Meetups"--mainly because our Meetups are for members only, and dog parks are open to everyone and anyone.)

HOW TO MAKE SURE YOU GET ANNOUNCEMENTS:
  • Click on “My Profile” on the far right side of the navigation bar of our Meetup page
  • Select “Email and Notifications
  • Under “Mailing List,” check “As they are sent

HOW TO LET OTHERS KNOW YOU’RE GOING TO THE DOG PARK:
  • Go to “Discussions” on the navigation bar of our Meetup page
  • Click on “Mailing List
  • Click on cdog-list@meetup.com. Your default email system will open up a new email. (You can also just save this address in your address book.)
  • In the subject line, say: “[your dog’s name] and [your name] are going to the dog park! Join us!”
  • Fill in all the details below about your plans. (see below)
  • Send your email.
  • Responses will come directly to you and be posted in the “Mailing List Archive” on the Mailing List page.

WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR EMAIL:
  • Your name
  • Your dog’s name
  • Day and date
  • Time
  • Name and address of the dog park (see below)
  • Section of the park (small or large dog)
  • How to find you (description of you and your dog)
  • The following note: “Be sure to visit the dog park’s website before attending so that you know all the requirements and fees.”
Please allow enough advance notice (a day or two). As we try this out, messages must first be approved by an organizer before going out to the list. (We want to make sure that the list is used just for dog park visits and not for advertising or anything inappropriate.)

DOG PARK ADDRESSES & WEBSITES

Worthington Dog Park
8170 Hillsborough Rd
Ellicott City, MD 21043

Dr. Bruce Morley Dog Playground (Laurel)
Van Dusen Rd & Alan Dr
Laurel, MD 20707

Maryland City Dog Park
565 Brock Bridge Road
Laurel, MD
(410) 222-7317

Olney Manor Dog Park
16601 Georgia Avenue
Olney, MD

Your dog park not listed here?
Please include the info in "Add a reply" below.

Miyani T.
user 116192142
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 1
I'm a huge fan of the Cabin John dog park at 10900 Westlake Drive, Bethesda, MD, though it may be a bit further afield for some. It's got large and small dog areas, a lot of room to run, and is busy and well maintained. I'll be sure to drop a line next time I know I'm going!