addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

CFI Portland Meetup Group Message Board General › I belong in Scandinavia: Least religious places on earth--happiness quotient

I belong in Scandinavia: Least religious places on earth--happiness quotient

A former member
Post #: 18
A former member
Post #: 4
Agreed. As soon as global warming makes Scandinavia a little warmer...

Does it count that I married a Scandinavian? :-)
A former member
Post #: 2,172
The description of the contents of that book is impressive in describing a society which is mostly non-religious.
A former member
Post #: 19
Agreed. As soon as global warming makes Scandinavia a little warmer...

Does it count that I married a Scandinavian? :-)

My preferred temperature range is 45-60F, so I wouldn't like the snow and cold, but the big problem would be not enough rain; I like at least 320 days a year of rain. Given I don't get that in Portland anyway, I could endure, I guess. You married a Scandinavian? U.S. born? Hmmm.

As an addendum to this book, Alternet published last year a list of "8 best countries in which to be an atheist" and Czech Republic topped the list. I have an atheist friend who moved there about eight years ago and he is ecstatically happy and prosperous. The other countries on the list were Sweden, Denmark, Austria, France, Norway, Australia, and Japan (notice no Finland. but the United States got honorable mention). Remember that Austria is the country in which the guy wore the pasta strainer on his head for his driver's license photo. (Also, it should be noted how many of these countries have females in positions of power). Here's the alternet piece

http://www.salon.com/...­