- Sunday Meetup at Seattle Center ("The Armory")
I have set this up as a repeating weekly meetup. We typically play at tables near Ceres Roasting toward the middle of the main floor. When weather is nice we may play outside at tables behind Ceres Roasting.
- Friday chess at Greenlake
Bring your own sets and clocks. An expert player will discuss how to apply basic strategy like pawn structure and initiative to a game, for the first half hour at a side table if any are interested. This meetup is shut down until the COVID-19 crisis is less of a threat. The meetup includes several vulnerable elderly.
- Every Thursday Chess in SeaTac
• What we'll do Thursdays 6-9PM. Open to all ages, the SeaTac Community Center is open for chess night! A free drop in opportunity for players of all levels to come and play some games. There will be one oversized chessboard open to play on and some boards that can be checked out. So bring your board and get your game on. Checkmate! • What to bring Chessboards and clocks as desired.
- Chess at the Seattle Chess Club in Northgate
Casual chess, show up any time during 7:00pm-11:00pm, we have sets and clocks on site. Players of all ages and levels welcome. It's in the Northwest Kidney Center's building on the basement floor, down the elevators and to the left. If the front door is locked call[masked] and someone will let you in.
- Blitz + Beers Chess
We play blitz (which means speed chess - usually 5 minutes per side). If you'd like to play a different speed or without a clock at all that's great too! When: Wednesday Nights starting at 6:00pm Where: Armistice Coffee Roasters 6717 Roosevelt Way NE Seattle, WA 98115 Misc: They serve coffee, tea, beer, wine and cocktails. Feel free to have a drink or two - up to you!