addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Chicago Scuba Meetup Group Message Board Buy and Sell › Apeks xtx40 or xtx50

Apeks xtx40 or xtx50

Sloan W.
user 49085562
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
I have a buddy back in NC looking to set up a pony and wants to add a durable coldwater reg. He is thinking an XTX40 or XTX50 and I am keeping an eye for him for any used regs that would meet his criteria. Please PM if you are selling or know of someone selling an XTX40 or XTX50 of similar.
A former member
Post #: 13
Good reg set I have been using for my tech diving. And for cold water is Hog regulators. Less expensive, very very reliable. Great at deep depths and very good cold temps. Have used my Hog regs past 150 Fresh water and temps 34-36 F for extended deco diving.
hope that helps a bit

I have a buddy back in NC looking to set up a pony and wants to add a durable coldwater reg. He is thinking an XTX40 or XTX50 and I am keeping an eye for him for any used regs that would meet his criteria. Please PM if you are selling or know of someone selling an XTX40 or XTX50 of similar.

Sloan W.
user 49085562
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
I am guessing he is looking for the XTX FSR first stage. Good suggestion about the Hog reg - will look into it.
Sloan W.
user 49085562
Chicago, IL
Post #: 3
I know there are a lot of divers at there that use them, but why are the hog regs so cheap - any quality issues anyone has heard about? I've seen a new D1 1st with a Classic 2nd listed for less than $200.
Mike B.
Scuba80hotmail
Elk Grove Village, IL
Post #: 194
Apeks has a good cold water reg. set.. You get what you pay with all of the manufacturers. Cheap regs sets also come with higher priced service kits. So figure that into your yearly cost. My wish list now is the MK21/G260.
The MK21 1st stage flow threw piston with a impressive air flow rate of 264 scfm, also 25% smaller in size then the MK25. I took a prototype apart and found it easy to service. The MK21/G260 service kits are also a bargain compared to the other name brands.
I am very impressed with the G260. Its solid built with quality parts. Can also be Rt/Lt LP hose connection in minutes for the serious tec. diver config. Also has an inhale flow rate that cracks in only 1" of water. Exhales at only .4" of water. This is my next reg. set to purchase when I get the chance.
Thats why I am selling my Atomic's that also work great in cold water.
Have a great cold water dive. Mike B.