addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago Web Professionals Meetup Group Message Board › Adobe Muse - Opinion

Adobe Muse - Opinion

Dennis D.
deconspray
Vernon Hills, IL
Post #: 169
Adobe just announced the beta release of Adobe Muse, a web design tool that "eliminates" the need for designers to "code" their pages.

I know myself and others within the Chicago Web Professionals meetup have been preaching for years that designers wishing to get into/excel at web design need to learn code (i.e. HTML, CSS). With the release of this tool for code novices, I have to re-emphasize this fact. Adobe Muse, while sounding compelling, creates bloated code; unnecessary nested HTML elements, CSS class-itis, etc. Many in the web industry are bashing the tool, while only a few are touting it (see this Twitter feed for the lively discussion - http://twitter.com/#!/search/adobe%20muse­ ).

Again, if you really want to learn web design, be good at web design, take control of your craft, learn at least HTML & CSS.