The French In Chicago Meetup group Message Board › Job opportunity: Showroom Director – LALIQUE Interiors Showroom - Chicago
From the early 20th century art work of its founder René Lalique, to the iconic crystal brand of today, LALIQUE has endured for over a century as the ultimate symbol of French luxury. Inspired by Lalique’s original Art Deco creations, today’s designers and glassmakers continue to bring to life objet d’art, barware, jewelry, fragrance, furniture, and interior fixtures. Through growing global expansion, ever evolving collections and partnerships with the world’s leading designers, balanced by a commitment to legendary standards of quality and craftsmanship, LALIQUE continues to thrive as a truly innovative lifestyle brand.
Showroom Director – LALIQUE Interiors Showroom - Chicago
The Showroom Director will be fully responsible for the LALIQUE Interiors showroom currently located in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago. The Showroom Director role includes meeting monthly sales goals, overseeing operations and stock levels for showroom, identifying marketing opportunities to expand the brand and bring new clients to the showroom. The Showroom Director will network with both the interior designer and architect community to bring awareness about LALIQUE Interiors and bespoke capabilities, ultimately driving sales for the showroom. He/she will lead and prepare presentations to interior designers about the brand and capabilities. He/she will build and maintain repeat business by utilizing personal client book to enhance relationships and drive sales. He/she will manage the in-store marketing event process, organize trade and selling events, ensuring all concepts and visual materials are on brand. He/she will assist with tracking, monitoring, and communicating business results to senior management and will collaborate with LALIQUE corporate office to find opportunities.
Finally, Showroom Director will be responsible for ensuring that consistency and brand integrity is achieved at all times, while supporting selling and profit objectives.
• Minimum 5 to 7-year experience in sales in the interior design world
• Showroom experience a plus
• Need to work independently with strong leadership skills
• Entrepreneurial and sales driven
• Ability to sell to the trade as well as to end consumers.
• Excellent problem solving skills and analytic skills to analyze business
• Be forward thinking, and have a passion for the luxury-goods industry
• Be a team player with a pro-active attitude
• Need to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of merchandising and have strong merchandising creativity
• Must be well versed in the design community and changing market trends
• Be a positive role model, representing the brand appropriately at all times
• Professional presentation, excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Dependable, punctual, flexible
• Computer literacy a must
If you are interested in joining one the fastest growing luxury lifestyle brand, please send your resume and cover letter to our Recruiting Department at HR@lalique.com