addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago Area Homebirth Meetup Message Board News, Events, and Advocacy › Homebirth Fundraiser-Open House Party

Homebirth Fundraiser-Open House Party

Sue M.
Sue.M.
Evanston, IL
Post #: 426
Hello Everyone!
I hope it is ok for me to post this here. My husband and I are planning a homebirth for baby #2. Money is VERY tight right now as we are both unemployed. A friend suggested we have a fundraiser. On Saturday June 18th from noon-8PM we are hosting a fundraiser-house party to raise some cash to help pay for our homebirth.

Here are the details- We will supply a nice keg of craft beer (probably Great Lakes or New Belgium), wine, some light snacks and a bunch of really cool raffle prizes for people to buy tickets for. We will be charging $4 per drink or $10 for all you can drink. The raffle prizes are all things our friends have offered to donate. They include original paintings, handmade jewelry, handmade ceramic tea set, several cases of homebrew beer, several bottles of homemade wine, a gift certificate for Cardinal Wine and Liquor, a gift certificate for Penserio Restaurant in Evanston, some personal training sessions, two professional figure skating lessons for someone 4 and over, a case of champagne, and a custom designed professional airbrush portrait created from your photo.

Everyone is welcome to attend and bring friends. Stop by on your way out for the evening or after dinner! You do not need to be present to win a raffle prize. We would be happy to deliver the prize to you! You can enter your raffle ticket for specific prizes as well.

Our address is 2314 W Farragut, Chicago, 60625. 7737599769. This is in Lincoln Square (Bowmanville) near Foster and Western. Thank You!!!! Brian, Sue and Baby #2.
A former member
Post #: 15
This is such a fantastic idea. Unfortunately, I can't make it, but best of luck with your home birth!