addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago Area Homebirth Meetup Message Board Chicago Homebirth Forum & General Discussion › Do you know this doula? Please beware :(

Do you know this doula? Please beware :(

A former member
Post #: 2
Is anyone familiar with a Doula from Evanstan named Suzen Everhart? She is from Wholistic Family Doula Care???
Jo Anne L.
bestbirth
Evanston, IL
Post #: 280
I am sorry you had a negative experience. Consumers please beware and get and check references on anyone you hire. Beware if someone asks for all the money up front! There are many good honest doulas out there. If you need any help locating and verifying them please let me know.

--
Peace on earth begins with birth and body work.

Jo Anne Lindberg MEd ABT
President & Founder
Childbirth & Family Wellness
Five Element Shiatsu
1555 Sherman Avenue #175 (mailing address only)
Evanston, IL 60201
847-733-8050

www.birthlink.com
A former member
Post #: 3
she had numerous good references...just ditched me when I went into labor :(
Jo Anne L.
bestbirth
Evanston, IL
Post #: 283
I suggest that you take her to small claims court. Perhaps she would think twice about doing this again.

Let me know if I can help in any way. Jo Anne
A former member
Post #: 1
I have some info for you. Her real name is Susan Everhart. She resides in Rogers park area. This is her arrest file http://mugshotscatalo...­ and facebook https://www.facebook....­. This woman needs to pay for what she has done to countless families.

dean

Serendipity
Jo Anne L.
bestbirth
Evanston, IL
Post #: 334
Sad to hear she is still practicing in this manner. It has been going on for a while. It seems she does this every so often so she does have the references from happy people. I wish there was a way we could help her to stop taking advantage of families. Until someone takes her to court there is little we can do on our end. I am happy to help families find a doula. She has been banned from BirthLink.