addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago Area Homebirth Meetup Message Board Chicago Homebirth Forum & General Discussion › recommendations needed for chicago home birth

recommendations needed for chicago home birth

Rachel M.
user 14092359
Evanston, IL
Post #: 1
I am a first time mother to be (currently 15 weeks) and have begun exploring my birthing options. Ideally i would like to have a natural home birth but have had a difficult time finding midwives within the city of chicago that will provide a home birth experience.

QUESTION: If you could please send me names and information for midwives that work within the city of chicago and that are experience and licensed for home birth i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Rachel
Jessica
user 11521215
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
In June '09 I lived in Hyde Park and I had Hillary Kieser CNM (http://www.gentlebirt...­. We interviewed many midwives for both home or hospital births and as soon as we met Hillary we knew she was the one!
Elizabeth B.
user 57711462
Chicago, IL
http://www.birthlink....­

It looks like the only provider actually in the city listed on this page is Sarah Simmons--scroll down and you will see the list.
Colleen
user 21363391
Chicago, IL
Post #: 3
I live in North Center, near Lincoln Square and had my son on June 8, 2012 at home. We used Debbie Boucher. She is located in Libertyville, IL which is about a 45 minute drive..which can make some of the prenatal visits a little complicated but she is talking about opening an office in the city, and her nurse is located in the city and will do some of the prenatal visits at your home so you don't have to travel. We loved working with her and her nurse, they were both amazing during the birth and visits. I plan to use her again with my second child to have a home birth. If you are interested, her website is yourbirth.com Childbirth the Way Nature Intended. If you want to talk to me more about my experience, feel free to send me an email. I would be happy to meet for coffee or something and share my experience.
A former member
Post #: 91
I was living in West Rogers Park and also had Hillary Brown Kieiser.

I loved her and will defenetly use her services for our next baby! We loved her!
Rachel M.
user 14092359
Evanston, IL
Thank you for all of the info! I really appreciate the help. If anyone has any additional info please keep it coming.
A former member
Post #: 5
I used Debbie too, unfortunately ended up being a last min transfer (stubborn breech, nothing anyone could have done...) What partially sold us on her was her nurse Lynne for city births. She's amazing and has many years of experience in the Chicago birth and homebirth community. she was a very important part of our first birth (at home) and we were so grateful she was there to support us for our second as well.
Jo Anne L.
bestbirth
Evanston, IL
Post #: 328
There are many things to consider - along with place and practitioner. There are three kinds of midwives that practice in IL. If you want to make informed decisions I invite you to meet with me for an All Things Birth & Baby consult. There are more options that most parents think. I have been working with the local birth community for almost 20 years. Let me know if you have any questions about the consult. Gain confidence and know your options.

My best - Jo Anne Lindberg - bestbirth@birthlink.com or 847-733-8050
Julie P.
user 7829208
Chicago, IL
Sarah Simmons is wonderful. I know five people who've had children with her. She'll be presenting at the Bioneers conference the first weekend of November. There's a panel on home birth in Chicago. Perhaps people in this meetup group would be interested in attending.
Julie P.
user 7829208
Chicago, IL
Here's the link for the panel where Sarah and others are speaking. Should be interesting. http://bioneerschicag...­