addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago Area Homebirth Meetup Message Board Homebirth FAQs › Hello and questions about Midwives and Pre-Existing condition that might inh

Hello and questions about Midwives and Pre-Existing condition that might inhibit having a Homebirth

A former member
Post #: 1,886
Hi there I have been lurking a bit but I am currently trying to get pregnant with my second. I have a pre-existing condition where I am a Hep B carrier and was born with the antigen. As I have been told, because I am a carrier it will be hard to find a Midwife that will perfomr a homebirth because th doctors are supposed to administer a gamma globulin shot post birth so it would be hard for a CNM to get the permission to get the perscription but I have been told a CNP might. Does anyone know of any Midwives who are also CPN's or know about this particular situation that would be able to provide me with some more information. Thanks!

Also I have heard that the shot can be administered within the first 12 hours so also a midwife that would be willing to work in conjunction with this prescribed contingencies would be awesome and I could have my Ped. give the shot the.