addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

South Bay Chihuahua Meetup Message Board › Beverly Hills Chihuahua inspires Rescue a Chihuahua - 50% Warrior 50% Lover

Beverly Hills Chihuahua inspires Rescue a Chihuahua - 50% Warrior 50% Lover 100% Rescue

Corina
ZeausZira
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
Post #: 228
For those of you who shared great concern that people would run out and buy chihuahuas because of the Disney movie will be happy to see this... please spread the word! I also was happy to read that Papi, a lead in the movie is a rescue dog too. You can read his story here - Beverly Hills Chihuahua’s Real-Life Rescue Story

Beverly Hills Chihuahua, a new Disney movie opens today, October 3rd

We all know what happens when a new “dog movie” comes out—lots of people decide they must have a dog just like the one in the movie. But what people might not realize is that shelters and groups across the country have plenty of Chihuahuas, for ADOPTION. In fact, Chihuahuas are the 5th most-posted breed of dog for adoption on Petfinder (after Labs, Shepherds, Pit bulls and mixes of those breeds).

Check out our star-studded PSA video (with actors from the movie) that encourages adoption instead of buying.
Watch on the Best Friends website www.bestfriends.org (higher quality) Watch on YouTube

We wanted to share a poster made by Best Friends that can be easily printed and hung up around your town to let people know that they can rescue a Chihuahua on Petfinder instead of buying one from a pet store, newspaper ad or the Internet. In fact, the star Chihuahua the movie was rescued from a Moreno Valley shelter, outside of L.A. just days before his “time was up.”

Download poster by clicking this link.
For more information visit our web page: www.dontbuypuppies.com­
Feel free to use link to the video on your own websites.
On behalf of the ‘Puppies Aren’t Products’ Campaign Team, thank you for helping us spread word!
maggi
arcatagrl
San Jose, CA
Post #: 62
What a cute movie!! Sorry I missed seeing it with you all. Took my niece to see it in the early evening. She did not want to go to the meetup. I also heard that most of the other dogs in the movie were rescues.

Maggi
Karen
KCandee
San Martin, CA
Post #: 124
What a GREAT clip Best Friends has on their web site about the chi's!! I saw the movie too - it was really fun.

Karen