Directions to Milpitas Dog Park
From 880/680 South Bay or East Bay:
From Hwy 880 or 680, take the 237 East- Calaveras Blvd/Milpitas/McCarthy Blvd exit (aka Calaveras Rd. - not OLD Calaveras). Head east through the town of Milpitas until it starts to wind into the hills. About 1/2 mile up, turn left onto Downing Rd into Ed Levin Park. Continue down the road, veer right and you will pass the Day Pass station ($6.00 parking or $80 annual pass). Continue into the park, past Sandy Wool Lake. The Dog Park is located on the other side of the lake.
From 101 North or South:
From Hwy 101, take 237 East- Alviso/Milpitas exit and head east. Continue east on 237 about 7 miles to the exit for Calaveras Blvd. Calaveras Blvd will turn into Calaveras Rd. Continue east through the town of Milpitas until it starts to wind into the hills. About 1/2 mile up, turn left onto Downing Rd into Ed Levin Park. Continue down the road, veer right and you will pass the Day Pass station ($6.00 parking or $80 annual pass). Continue into the park, past Sandy Wool Lake. The Dog Park is located on the other side of the lake.
City of Milpitas Dog Park at Ed Levin (Milpitas Muni Code V-9-7.01):
For more information about the park, please see the Ed Levin Brochure
- Only dogs, dog handlers, and those persons accompanying them are allowed in the dog park.
- Dog handlers must be 16 years of age or older. Any person under 16 years of are in the dog park must be accompanied by a person 18 years or older.
- A dog handler, as defined herein, shall accompany his of her dogs at all times.
- Dog handlers are responsible for picking up and properly disposing of all feces deposited by their dogs.
- No more than two dogs per handler will be permitted in the park at one time.
- Dogs in heat are not permitted in the park.
- Dogs must be vaccinated and free of communicable illness and disease.
- Dogs must wear proof of current license.
- Dogs must be under voice control of their handler.
- Dogs displaying aggressive or anti-social behavior are not permitted in the park. Upon signs of aggression or anti-social behavior the dog will immediately be required to leave the park.
- All other City of Milpitas park rules apply to use of the dog park.
- Only dogs less than 20 inches from the top of the shoulders are allowed in the “Small Dog Area.”
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the park.
- Users of the dog park do so at their own risk. Neither the County nor the City shall be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog in the dog park.