addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Philadelphia Chinese Language Meetup Group / 费城汉语组 Message Board › We are watching a Chinese Drama TOGETHER!!!

We are watching a Chinese Drama TOGETHER!!!

David
user 10592666
Wilmington, DE
Post #: 4
From a beginner's perspective, they speak very fast! The constant background music, particularly the overtly "cute" music, really drowns out their voices.

Anyway, what was his diagnosis? kidney stones? dehydration? And who was the lady he met? Was she the doctor who was crying at the wedding? Did she have a contract that she makes the guy sign before dating him?

Some English subtitles or at least some pinyin+characters would be nice!
~Peace, Love & Bobby Sherman!~
David
Teresa
user 31255002
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
Hi David,

I am not sure what his diagnosis was. I thought the lady doctor at the wedding and the one he sees in the hospital were the same person. LAter at the teahouse, it looked like the female doctor wanted the male character to become a volunteer or a part of a study.

Hope this helps a little.

Teresa
Teresa
user 31255002
Austin, TX
Hi Elizabeth and Barbara,

I think we should watch this drama every Saturday or every other Saturday after the regular Chinese conversation meet-up at Liberty One. The regular conversation meet-up could be from 1 or 1:30-3, and then we could follow the schedule that Barbara outlines and watch/rewatch the drama interspersed with clarifying conversation and discussion questions at the end. I think we should do the drama watching/discussion for between 1 hr 30 min and 2 hours. (Maybe 3-4:45.) I think it is a good idea to rotate who facilitates the discussion. There needs to be at least one person there that is fairly certain about what is happening with the plot so we aren't stumped.
Let's make this happen and keep it going consistently. :) I think we can all figure out the details together, sounds like we are on the same page.
Hope to hear from you all.
Barbara
user 2722937
Philadelphia, PA
Do you think that Mr. Hu could make it? As a native speaker, he could surely help to fill in the blanks when we are truly stumped!