addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Cleveland Independent Movie Goers Message Board › Last Train Home: Cleveland Cinematheque / China Mountain III

Last Train Home: Cleveland Cinematheque / China Mountain III

Jims
jsimler
Group Organizer
Beachwood, OH
Hi everyone,

This past Friday, the group saw Samson and Delilah.  Most everyone enjoyed the film, it was quite unique in that the lead character barely spoke a word.  I would check it out.

Darn Cleveland Cinemas.  Not only did they delay White Material until February, but they just added "Tiny Furniture" out of nowhere at the Capitol.  I wanted to see that movie but my personal schedule will not allow it this week. 

* If anyone wants to schedule this movie, that would be a good choice.  Just let me know.  (It might last a second week, but you never know with the Capitol.

What we *do* know is that the group will be seeing the Maltese Falcon on Sunday.  I have never seen it, so I am planning on being there.  I hope to see many of you too.

http://www.meetup.com...­

Thanks to all of you who have paid your dues for 2011.  If you haven't yet, please do it online through Paypal or hand it to the event organizer.  This site can only continue with your contributions.

Every once in a while, I am asked why I started this group?  Basically, like many of you, I enjoy thought provoking films but find that most of the people I know prefer Little Fockers over just about anything else.  At Valley View, LF was joining on 4 screens while the King's Speech was relegated to one small theater.   I also enjoy talking about films and I have learned a lot about things from many of our group members. (If I had to discuss LF, my one question is what was Robert De Nero and Dustin Hoffman thinking when they made that movie)

So, I am always looking forward to seeing new perspectives or understanding more about countries across the globe.  I am glad you are so willing to be part of this journey.

A week later, please join us to see "Last Train Home".  This documentary really describes life in the new China, how people are now aware from their families for months at a time.  I saw it on a few Top 10 lists last year.  It should be great.

http://www.meetup.com...­

When: Sunday, January 23, 2011 6:30 PM

Where: Cinémathèque - Cleveland Institute of Art
11141 East Boulevard at the corner of Bellflower, across the street from the Museum of Art
Cleveland, OH 44106
440-941-7064

Fee: $1.50 or $5 for 2011

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through the "Contact Organizer" link on Meetup: http://www.meetup.com...­