addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Re: [humanism-174] New non-theist in U.S. Congress

From: Sam S.
Sent on: Thursday, November 8, 2012 8:47 PM
According to Wean Fairclothes book "Attack of the Theocrats", in chapter nine, one of their objectives is to have twenty openly secular elected officials by 2020. That's eight years. We need to get busy.

On Thursday, November 8, 2012, Mark Tiborsky <[address removed]> wrote:
> 25 to 30 still-closeted, says the SCA, the AHA, and Fred Edwords of UnitedCoR!
>
> Re: Sam- I'm sorry to see Stark go as well. I forget who issued the "secular challenge" to govt officials, it was either the SCA or the Council for Secular Humanism. Only Pete Stark & a few scattered state officials responded-
>
> Although she has a 2,700+ vote lead, I guess Kyrsten Sinema's election isn't "officially official' yet-
>
> http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/free/20121107sinema-has-slim-lead-over-parker.html
>
> On Nov 8,[masked]:47 AM, "Sam Salerno" <[address removed]> wrote:
>>
>> It's sad to see Mr. Stark go. But I'm Happy that we have some representation. Even though it's. A far cry from SCA's goal.
>>
>> On Thursday, November 8, 2012, Mark Tiborsky <[address removed]> wrote:
>> > Longtime U.S. Rep Pete Stark, for years the only open non-theist in congress, has lost his bid for re-election... but there's a new infidel in the U.S. House. Meet Kyrsten Sinema, new U.S. Rep from Arizona!
>> >
>> > http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/11/08/kyrsten-sinema-arizona-democrat-atheist-in-congress_n_2091164.html
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
>> > This message was sent by Mark Tiborsky ([address removed]) from The Cleveland Freethinkers.
>> > To learn more about Mark Tiborsky, visit his/her member profile
>> > Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages
>> >
>> > Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
>> This message was sent by Sam Salerno ([address removed]) from The Cleveland Freethinkers.
>> To learn more about Sam Salerno, visit his/her member profile
>> Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages
>>
>> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]
>
>
>
> --
> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
> This message was sent by Mark Tiborsky ([address removed]) from The Cleveland Freethinkers.
> To learn more about Mark Tiborsky, visit his/her member profile
> Set my mailing list to email me As they are sent | In one daily email | Don't send me mailing list messages
>
> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy