addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 973
...to shamelessly promote my little brown book? I hope you are all busy practising your wassailing in time for the solstice season. This might come in handy.

Dave H.
DaveHuntsman
Peninsula, OH
Post #: 93
"Bung"?
Mark T.
user 4783078
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 559
Good job, Rafiq! We shall order our copy! :)
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 987
How weird, the image seems to have disappeared. Hopefully ok now.

"Bung" means, mate, pal or uncle in Indonesian. The "founding father" and first president of Indonesia, Soekarno, was affectionately referred to as "Bung Karno" (whereas the genocidal dictator, Soeharto, was "respectfully" referred to as "Pak Harto" – Mr or father).

Every westerner (bule or whitey) is called mister and it is excruciating. "Bung" is my defence against "mister" which everyone seems happy to use.