addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 1,101
I cannot contain my anger.

This young man has been kidnapped by the state. He was not seeking asylum in Malaysia – he was en route to New Zealand. This is the same as when fleeing Jews were turned back to face the concentration camps or fleeing Russians were turned back to face Stalin's gulags: all because of diplomatic expediency. And it seems that the name and facilities of Interpol were hijacked to effect this illegal chicanery.

Visiting Malaysia from the chaotic indiscipline of Indonesia I was always struck by how much like the best of Britain the country was, relatively clean and well organised; English spoken and written correctly; square three pin plugs; familiar shops and food. Now I feel sick to the heart. It is like seeing those pictures of the Channel Islands under NSADP occupation during the Second World War: the familiar banks and shops with the Wehrmacht tramping by.

If this sounds like an emotional rant, it is, and with good reason. This is a tipping point. Something has snapped. I feel personally at war. It is a struggle now, an all-out struggle using all effective means to prevent the world becoming enveloped in a "new and terrible dark age" as Churchill put it when Britain had her back alone against the terror from Europe.

I do not want to sound like the BNP and their ilk who are ever ready to wrap themselves around the flag when they spout their vile nationalist nonsense. They too are part of the terrible dark age that threatens us. I am not a monarchist and I am not nostalgic for whatever "British values" are supposed to be. But I do feel a great sense of betrayal by people who should be better educated and should know right from wrong. And this illegal kidnap is wrong. It is an act of profound treachery and evil against a young man of only 23 years who, like all young people, had not yet learned to be afraid of their own thoughts.

I cannot feel anything except profound despair for Kashgari. It is like seeing a dead man walking.

I hope the world will wake up now. For me it is like a slap in the face. I will fight this evil with everything I have in me and even when all is exhausted I will continue to fight with nothing except anger. And my anger will never die.

Let the world know that I, Rafiq Mahmood, will fight to the end of my life against the insanity of political religion, and Islam in particular. I will face prison, torture, the noose, the firing squad or the headsman's sword but they will never crush my anger. I do not use an alias, except the one that I adopted 45 years ago when I stepped into foolishness and which I continue to use now as a proud ex-Muslim.

Some of us will continue to fight in the shadows and their fight is none the less for that. But these young men, Alexander Aan and Hamza Kashgari, have set an example. They are pioneers. We have to start coming out and saying as eloquently as we can, "We are not afraid. Freedom of thought shall prevail."

Rafiq Mahmood
Bogor,
Indonesia
12 February 2012