addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Cleveland Board Gamers Message Board › Metagame: Name that Game

Metagame: Name that Game

Christian G.
user 13838668
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 8
Hey All--

So, it seems like I've been completely tied up these days with working and child care, and I haven't been able to game as much as I would like. (The outlet I did have--the Sundays sessions at the Beachwood Library--have been postponed until next year, or until I have the time to secure another reasonable venue).

However, to compensate, I have started up a small side project (I'll call it a metagame) I've wanted to do for a while: I often browse through the pictures posted on our site to see what people are playing--but even though I recognize a lot of the games in the photos, often times the exact game on the table stumps me.

I've always thought it would be nice to have he games in the photos tagged or labelled in some way--so, I've gone ahead and done my best with a few of the photos already posted. If anyone else would like to join in, please feel free (because I certainly don't recognize them all). On the first run through, I've even labelled those games whose identities are painfully obvious (e.g., the box cover for "Merchants of Venus")--but I think I'll stop that in the future.

Anyway, just thought I'd leave some explanation of what I was doing, and encourage others to do the same. Happy tagging!

Christian
Jennifer H.
JennHoward
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 150
As your "name that game" labels were on seemingly most of my pix, I'm likely the only one who noticed. ;) Perhaps, I should make your metagame more of a... Challenge... *ævil cheshire grimace*
Christian G.
user 13838668
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 9
Well, since you and Michael are generally the de facto photo archivists it seems, yeah, it's gonna be mostly your photos. Sorry if that generated a lot of auto emails...if it's too annoying, just let me know.

As for a challenge...well, I'm up for it--but hopefully, I'll be able to rely on some othet folks' knowledge here, too (plus I'd love to see some rarities). So bring it on!
Jennifer H.
JennHoward
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 151
I posted a "challenge" game for you last EGwF tuesday...