addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Jason T.
user 12035803
Group Organizer
Savannah, GA
Post #: 1
So Amy Monsky, the president of Secular Humanists of the Low Country who is also a member of the CASH Facebook page, was contacted by the director of the Charleston chapter of Reasonable Faith looking to set up a debate in Savannah. She gave him our contact info and here is the email he sent to us. This sounds like it could be fun. Let me know if anyone is interested in being the debater.

I'm Director of the Charleston chapter of Reasonable Faith, a Christian apologetics organization. We'd like to set up a debate in Savannah on the existence of God, and I'm writing to see if you know of anyone who might be interested in representing the atheist position.

We're looking for a substantive intellectual debate, so ideally it would be someone who is capable of presenting and engaging with philosophical and scientific arguments, etc. I have an M.Div. from Princeton Theological Seminary and a PhD. in history from Boston College. .

Let me know, and perhaps we can catch up on the phone next week to discuss.

Sincerely,
Wallace

Wallace Marshall, M.Div., PhD.
Director
Reasonable Faith Charleston
Hollycagney
user 59002302
Savannah, GA
Post #: 1
I am definitely not the intellectual mind this guy is looking for, but I'd love to watch this debate, so keep us posted!