We will build a simple web server, then move on to Express (http://expressjs.com/). We'll see how you can easily build restful api's and web applications using the MEAN Stack (MongoDb, ExpressJS, Angular and Node).
In addition, you will be exposed to some great web development tools built using node including GruntJS for managing tasks, Bowser for handling script dependencies and Yeoman for easy scaffolding of web applications. We will also look to the future and play with KOA, a new web development framework by the team responsible for Express.
This course will be a mix of lectures and hands on labs allowing you to get firsthand experience building NodeJS applications.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
• An Introduction to Node JS
• Demystifying Node: Find out the real pros and cons of using Node, why Node was created, and what problems it was designed to solve.
• Build a simple web server from the ground up
• Web Application development on the MEAN stack
• Persist data to a MongoDB database
• Manage build tasks with GruntJS
• Web Development power tools with Node (Bowser, Yeoman)
• The Node ecosystem: How to connect with other Node programmers and utilize open-source modules.
OTHER TOPICS COVERED
• Non Blocking Code/Callbacks
• Basic HTTP Server
• File io
• Socket IO
Only $59.00 (Great deal for 7 hours of professional, instructor led training)
Sign-up today while seats are still available!
Breakfast and lunch is will be served FREE!
Who Should Attend?
This class is designed for web developers, mobile app developers, and UI designers. Don’t miss this opportunity to get expert direction from a professional. Online tutorials are great, but nothing beats personal direction from a qualified instructor.
Requirements and Development Environment
Participates should bring a laptop/notebook computer. Mac or PC with any modern web browser installed. Instructor will provide any additional direction for environment preparation in class.
More about Hattan Shobokshi:
SoCal Code Camp Organizer
Los Angeles .NET User Group Vice Presidenthttp://www.ladotnet.org (http://www.ladotnet.org/)
International .NET Association Speaker
INETA Speaker Profile (http://ineta.org/Speakers/SearchCommunitySpeakers.aspx?SpeakerId=21591996-f6ec-41db-b731-3f2c6d6391ba)