This session is a continuation of our 2 part Python training. Attendees will dig deeper into coding Python, an increasingly popular and powerful programming language.
Python is a great beginner language that is quick to learn and extremely versatile. It can be used to build software, analyze data, and build great-looking websites.
During this session, you will learn more about how to harness the power of this essential programming language:
- Applications of Python in data analysis and data visualization, and the types of problems it can solve.
- How to write your own Python code that will be able to iterate over data sets.
- Discuss and run code for two practical examples:
1) Using Python to retrieve the content of a web page and summarize it automatically
2) Using Python to retrieve a data set, analyze it and visualize it with different types of graphs
PREREQUISITES & PREPARATION
Install Visual Studio Code - https://code.visualstudio.com/download
Be sure to install the correct vision for your operating system.
Note: We'll be using the latest version of Python in this workshop. Arrive early if you need help installing Python and getting set up.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Grig Gheorghiu has 25+ years industry experience. He has worked as a Software Engineer, test engineer, research lab manager, system/network/security/cloud architect and consultant. For the past 15 years Grig has been building and leading technical operations and engineering teams.