Starting with the essential concepts and structure, this workshop quickly outlines the requirements of a great Silicon Valley Pitch. Several well known suggested formula’s are reviewed and evaluated. After reviewing “standard” sources, we address the individual challenges in creating, practicing and tuning the pitch to fit the specific opportunity and situation. The workshop includes brief practice sessions in both small groups and full group. Practice highlights areas for further pitch development.
• Pitch Purpose and Content
• Best Practices for slides and Structure
• Common Pitching Mistakes and how to avoid them
• Shortcuts to a Winning Pitch
• Brief Exercise in small groups
• A simplified and powerful Pitch Framework to accelerate learning
• Brief Practice sessions for selected participants (3-4) max
• Lessons from the practice and exercises
• Q/A session
• Closing Tips and Tricks
• There will be a one-page handout of key points
• Video Recording will be available for those who practice to the whole group
Roy Terry is a professional pitch coach who has served numerous startups here in Silicon Valley and San Francisco. His new practice, ThePrimalPitch.com serves local and visiting overseas companies. Several client companies have subsequently been funded for a combined amount of over 2 million dollars. Mr. Terry was featured in February of 2014 as a pitch coaching expert on the French Business network BFMTV. Clients include Talentoday, Pageyourself, and Pricematch. He is a tech veteran with over 30 years experience in Silicon Valley as software developer, project lead, and consultant. Mr. Terry has been training and coaching communication in the Silicon Valley since 1995 and past clients include Hewlett Packard and Oracle Corporation for professional communication skills. Mr. Terry is trained as a public speaker, NLP practitioner, and also incorporates knowledge and practice from stage acting and hypnosis.