Location visible to members
Tickets also available at demonight17.eventbrite.com (http://demonight17.eventbrite.com/)
For sponsorship opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Startups can start to RSVP for our next demo event on Nov. 18 focused on Mobile at http://nyebn.com/demo
Our Startup Demo Night events are well attended by angel investors, VCs, tech/mainstream media and reporters, entrepreneurs, developers, startup lawyers and so many more key players in the local NYC startup ecosystem! The pizza, drinks, and dessert are just icing on the cake! This event focuses on E-Commerce and Marketplaces startups.
• Greg Marsh - Founder & CEO @ KeyMe (http://www.key.me/)
• Peter M. Corrigan - Founder & CEO @ TUN (http://www.tun.com/)
• Artur Maklyarevsky - Co-Founder & CEO @ JuicyCanvas (http://www.juicycanvas.com/)
• Jennifer Lee - Founder & CEO @ ClosetDash (http://www.closetdash.com/)
• Rob Caucci - Co-Founder & CEO @ Pijon (http://www.pijonbox.com/)
• Zeb Dropkin - Founder & CEO @ RentHackr (http://renthackr.com/)
• Jay Surovy - Founder & CEO @ Sportpass (http://www.sportpass.me/)
• Lynn Chen - Founder & CEO @ Alumvest (http://www.alumvest.com/)
• Lori S. Hoberman - Partner at Chadbourne & Parke & Moderator
• Peter Bordes (Angel List (https://angel.co/peter-bordes)) - Angel Investor & CEO & Founder Internet Media Labs
• Paul Cianciolo (Angel List (https://angel.co/paul-cianciolo)) - Vice President at FirstMark Capital
• Ellie Wheeler (Angel List (https://angel.co/ellie-wheeler)) - Principal with Greycroft Partners
• William Peng (Angel List (https://angel.co/wp)) - General Partner at Red Swan Ventures
Lori S. Hoberman
Lori S. Hoberman is the chair of the Emerging Companies / Venture Capital practice. Her practice emphasizes venture capital, private equity, and general corporate counseling for emerging as well as later stage and publicly traded companies in a broad range of industries, including mobile, software, biotechnology and life sciences, social networking, consumer products, cleantech, Internet search and advertising, gaming and other media. Ms. Hoberman also has significant experience in the structuring of, and tax planning for, domestic and offshore private equity funds. Prominent business and legal media outlets frequently interview Ms. Hoberman on issues relating to emerging companies and venture capital.
Peter Bordes is Founder & CEO of Internet Media Labs a technology company focused on relevance, the social web and social enterprise. Active angel investor & mentor ranked in the top 100 most influential angel investors in the United States and social media. Member of the Thiel Foundation 20 Under 20 Mentor Program. Serves on the Board of Directors and Advisor Boards of media and technology companies. Founding Charter Member & Board of Directors of the PMA Performance Marketing Association.Member of the Pivot Conference Advisor Board. Thought leader in social media & performance marketing industry and speaks at industry events such as Social Shake Up, PivotCon, ad:tech, PubCon, AffCon, SES Search Engine Strategies & Performance Marketing Leadership Summit.
Paul Cianciolo is a Vice President at FirstMark Capital, and focuses on early-stage investments in the digital media, education, enterprise, and healthcare IT sectors. Prior to joining FirstMark, Paul worked within the M&A group at Allen & Company, where he focused on transactions in the sports and media sectors. Paul graduated with a BS in Finance and an MBA from the Smeal College of Business at Penn State University.
Ellie Wheeler is a Principal with Greycroft Partners and is a member of the New York office. Her responsibilities include evaluating investment opportunities, sourcing new deals, and working with existing portfolio companies. Prior to joining Greycroft, Ellie worked in a similar role during business school evaluating investment opportunities at Lowercase Capital with investor Chris Sacca. Before working with Lowercase, Wheeler worked at Cisco in Corporate Development doing acquisitions, investments, and strategy within the communications, collaboration, and video verticals. Wheeler’s past experience also includes working briefly at the London-based venture capital firm DN Capital, focused on early stage ecommerce companies. She began her career in growth capital private equity at Summit Partners in Boston. Ellie graduated magna cum laude from Georgetown University with a BA in Psychology and holds an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Will is General Partner at Red Swan Ventures, a seed venture capital firm with investments in companies like Warby Parker, Birchbox, HailoCab, Oscar Health, and Wanelo. Previously he was a venture capitalist at Raptor Ventures and RRE Ventures, as well as product designer at Hot Potato (acquired by Facebook) and drop.io (acquired by Facebook). Will holds a BSE in Operations Research and Financial Engineering from Princeton University. In his spare time, he likes to make ice cream from scratch.
• 6:00 - 6:30 PM - Registration with pizza, desserts and drinks
• 6:30 - 8:30 PM - Demo/Pitch/Feedback/Q&A
• 8:30 - 9:00 PM - Networking
SourcePad - Built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. Since 2008, we've helped 100 bootstrapped startups, small businesses, and venture backed companies turn their ideas into Web and mobile apps. Contact us today at email@example.com or visit us at http://www.sourcepad.com .
* To sponsor this Meetup, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* For volunteer opportunities, email email@example.com.
* Subscribe to NYEBN newsletter (http://nyebn.com/newsletter) to be in the loop of startup events, deals, discounts and advice.
• Early Bird - $20 (till October 22)
• General Admission - $30 (till 4PM, October 30)
• Last-Minute Admission - $35
• October Monthly Pass (https://octoberpass.eventbrite.com/) - $60