Aerospace/Defense Trade Lead SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 17, 2018, 5:00pm
*Please disregard the 4:59pm start time. Submissions are open from now until deadline date and time (December 17th - 5:00pm)*
Here is a lead for the purchase of 55 UASs, UAS stations and training in the Bahamas.
INTRODUCTION - The Government of the Bahamas is requesting proposals from qualified firms for the purchase and installation of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS). The objective of this task is to provide a modernize solution to mitigate challenges with detecting threats, mapping post disaster sites, Search and Rescue missions and monitoring developing situations in and around the Commonwealth of The Bahamas.
OBJECTIVE - To purchase UASs and develop a UAS Academy to train the country’s pilots and operators for the UASs that the country will purchase through the Ministry of National Security. An Academy, Drones and Drone Stations throughout the country will be developed, provided and established respectively, to provide Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) for the Ministry of National Security led by the RBDF. This UAS solution will provide the Commonwealth of the Bahamas with practical drones for surveillance and reconnaissance to use in conjunction with the country’s overall Command, Control, Communication, Computer, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) efforts being led by the RBDF.
UAS SOLUTION GOALS:
GOAL 1 – Develop UAS stations throughout the Bahamas that meet FAA and Aviation Civil Authority rules, regulations and guidelines.
GOAL 2 – Develop the capacity to own, maintain and effectively deploy drones of all ranges and types from land and sea to increase C4ISR capabilities.
GOAL 3 – Establish a UAS Academy to provide the Ministry of National Security and by extension the country, with expert training for UAS pilots, engineers and support staff.
GOAL 4 – Become Center of Excellence in the region for UAS systems offering support and training.
SCOPE OF SERVICES - Introduce and develop a solution to deploy Drones (UAS) from land and sea to cover the Bahamas in four quadrants; North – Grand Bahama, Abaco, Bimini, Berry Islands; Central North – New Providence, Andros, Eleuthera, Cat Island, Exuma/Cays, San Salvador; Central South – Ragged Island, Acklins, Crooked Island, Long Island, Cay Lobos, Cay Sal; South – Mayaguana, Inagua
- Trained UAS pilots and UASs for contractual use immediately.
- Trainers for training of RBDF and other agency pilots while solution is being implemented.
- Plans, development and implementation of a UAS academy in New Providence that provides Unmanned Aerial Systems training for drone pilots, ground station operators, engineers and technical support staff for UAS systems to be full owned and operated by the Bahamas Government through the RBDF.
- 55 drones (Startup number to cover all MONS agencies for the first year)
- 6 Short Range UAVs (Main UAS stations throughout the country)
- 24 Close Range UAVs with vertical take-off or catapult launch/net
retrieval that can be used on RBDF craft and in the field with
options for water retrieval if failure occurs (RBDF, Police,
- 20 Very Low Cost Close Range UAVs that have a range of 10 km,
endurance time of 20 to 45 minutes and underwater capability
options (Police, Customs and Immigration)
- 5 Tethered Drones for use at Bahamas Department of Corrections
(HMP and coastal outpost stations on the island of New Providence)
INSTRUCTIONS/CONTACTS - The U.S. Commercial Service and the Economics Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bahamas would like to support eligible U.S. firms in winning this project. Please reach out [masked] and [masked] to the contact below to receive:
- RFP package
- Contact information for procurement authority
- Additional information on how the U.S. Commercial Service can assist in
your sales efforts overseas.