We are so glad you are here! This group was created with one purpose in mind, Community. Whether you are new to parenthood, new to the Springs or are looking for some support, we are here for you. We work to connect you with other fantastic moms that are walking the same life journey as you. And as a bonus, we find some great new playmates for your children! Though we may come from varied backgrounds and have various likes and dislikes, the one need we all share is the bond of friendship. Our group functions as a home base. It’s a place where you can let your guard down, share stories, laugh or cry a little. We all know how hard parenthood can be, and that is why we are glad to open our hearts to all who need a community.
WHO WE ARE:
Colorado Springs Mommy and Me is geared towards newborns, toddlers, and preschool aged children. While we keep the majority of our activities planned for the weekdays, occasionally we schedule family activities on the weekends. We understand how important community is for the whole family and we strive to ensure that family members( husbands, spouse, partners) feel welcomed and included.
We do like to stay busy and keep a variety of events planned. These events include parks, hikes, coffee dates, indoor play places, home play dates, pot lucks, lunches, the zoo, arts, craft activities, museums, escape rooms and story times.
In addition, we also plan at least one monthly Mom’s only event. These events range from Mom's night out (dinner typically), book club, Mom’s night in, game night, movies, wine & paint night, trivia night and so much more. We also have family nights where the whole family is invited. These are usually potluck style but can range from board games, holiday parties, BBQ, and backyard games. Again, we all need socialization, including our spouses! :)
Let’s build our mom community together! Motherhood should never feel lonely, it should be a time where you build your social network, enrich you and your families lives and enjoy the ever changing journey we call parenthood. Momma’s, join us, get out of the house and enjoy some adult conversation. And always remember:
* Behind every great child is a mom who’s pretty sure she’s screwing it all up. —Unknown * :)
IN REQUESTING MEMBERSHIP, WE ASK THAT YOU ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Attendance: Attend one event at least ONCE a month (first event MUST be within 30 days of joining). We want to meet you! We want you to make sure we are a good group for you. You will be removed once the trial period has ended and no events were attended. Please contact us if there are special circumstances
2. Liability and Code of Conduct: All prospective and current members are required to read and sign the Liability form and the Code of Conduct. You WILL NOT be able to attend an event, even during the trial period without signing the release forms. The blue hyperlinks will take you directly to the forms, so please click on, review, sign/date and submit back to us at email@example.com
3. Health Policy and Guidelines: In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have tightened our recommendations. We ask that any child or mother who has experienced symptoms of an illness (including cough or runny nose) should not attend any activity until a week AFTER the symptoms have cleared up . We understand that this seems rather strict, but we must work together to keep our community healthy and safe. Please refer to the Blue hyperlink to the group’s extended health recommendations and guidelines.
4. Membership Dues: Pay a $5.00 membership fee, your member dues are $5.00 for a year to stay in the group. (This must be paid within 30 days of first joining) This fee is used only to cover the cost of being listed on the Meetup website.
5. Membership engagement: We ask that you try to stay active and attend our events. If you feel that the events do not interest you, please suggest events ideas that your family would like. Our organizers work to ensure that all members feel included and are enjoying the group. After 3 months of no attendance, you may be removed from our group at the discretion of the organizers.. Please communicate with us if things have changed and you are no longer able to attend events. Participation is vital to making this group work. Lurking doesn't make friends!
6. RSVP etiquette: We do ask that if you RSVP 'yes' to an event, PLEASE show up. A pattern of 3 no shows without communication can result in removal from our group. We do understand as mothers, children get sick, have meltdowns, naps change, emergencies, and life happens! Kids are unpredictable. Just please be polite and let your host know.
7. Picture: For safety reasons we recommend that prospective and current members submit and maintain a high-quality profile picture of yourself or family on their profile. This photo is helpful for organizers to locate you at an event, and it informs who we should keep an eye out for! This is a private group, and unless you are an active member, no one can see where/what we are doing or your pictures.
8. Policy: We maintain the right to remove you from our group at any time. We wish to keep this group safe, busy, and fun! Our group runs on a three strike policy. Refunds will not be given. Please review the Code of Conduct and reach out if you have questions or concerns.
Let's enjoy the company of one another, have our children play together and create new friendships. Being a mom is hard, but you don't have to do it alone. We want members to participate and enjoy the benefits of meeting new mom friends, make lasting relationships, and engage in fun activities for our children to play together. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact one of us at anytime. We look forward to meeting you!