addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Boulder (and Beyond!) Vegan Meetup Group Message Board The Boulder Vegan Meetup General Group Discussion Forum › Puppy Mills & Pet Stores Exposed on Documentary on HBO Wed. 8/24

Puppy Mills & Pet Stores Exposed on Documentary on HBO Wed. 8/24

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi,

Not sure if this interests anyone, but my CEO(prior to him being my CEO) made a documentary on the Pet Store/Puppy Mill industry horrors that is being shown by HBO starting next Wednesday, 8/24. It's called Madonna of the Mills and is getting decent buzz. The documentary follows an East Coast Girl who every weekend rescues unused dog mom's from being killed and turns them over to rescue organizations. This movie is heartfelt, with a great message. Sounds like it is right up our alley and with dog shelters not having anymore capacity, as people still continue to purchase from Pet Stores & Fake Internet Breeders. There is a new demand of dogs at Pet Stores with the new Hypoallergenic Dog craze...basically people that once couldn't have dogs because of allergies are now ordering them and spending $2k or more for.

Here is where you can find links to the trailer, air-dates: madonnaofthemills.com

Hope you get to see it and if you don't have HBO, at least write a comment to HBO approving of airing documentaries like these, so the positive feedback may get them to re-air it for everyone to see.

I am part of several Vegan Meetups, so I will repost this on some of those discussion boards; apologies if you are hit with this discussion twice.