Location visible to members
Our June book is A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron.
Surprised to find himself reborn as a rambunctious golden-haired puppy after a tragically short life as a stray mutt, Bailey’s search for his new life’s meaning leads him into the loving arms of 8-year-old Ethan. During their countless adventures Bailey joyously discovers how to be a good dog.
But this life as a beloved family pet is not the end of Bailey’s journey. Reborn as a puppy yet again, Bailey wonders - will he ever find his purpose?
This is the remarkable story of one endearing dog’s search for his purpose over the course of several lives. More than just another charming dog story, A Dog’s Purpose touches on the universal quest for an answer to life's most basic question: Why are we here?
Heartwarming, insightful, and often laugh-out-loud funny, A Dog's Purpose is not only the emotional and hilarious story of a dog's many lives, but also a dog's-eye commentary on human relationships and the unbreakable bonds between man and man's best friend. This moving and beautifully crafted story teaches us that love never dies, that our true friends are always with us, and that every creature on earth is born with a purpose.
About The Author
W. Bruce Cameron is the New York Times bestselling author of several books, including 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter, which was turned into the hit ABC series.
He has twice received the National Society of Newspaper Columnists’ award for Best Humor Columnist, and his weekly nationally syndicated column is published in more than 50 newspapers. His website is http://www.brucecameron.com and http://www.adogspurpose.com
This wonderful book is the remarkable story of one endearing dog’s search for his purpose over the course of several life times. More than just another charming dog story, A Dog’s Purpose touches on the universal quest for an answer to life’s most basic question: Why are we here?
You’ll get answers to these questions:
- Why do we adopt dogs knowing they will most likely die before we do?
- What if your dog never dies?
- What if dogs live multiple lifetimes, and remembers all of them?
- What if every animal has a purpose, and your pet’s purpose is intimately bound to yours?
- Why do so many people say the book A Dog’s Purpose gives them comfort when they’ve lost a pet?
- What makes the narrative voice in A Dog’s Purpose (the dog), different from other books that have been written from a dog’s perspective?
- There are so, so many books out there with a dog on the cover. Why has this one been so successful? Are you surprised at its success?
A Dog’s Purpose is ultimately uplifting and redeeming and full of joy and hope.
Book Availability at the Howard Count Public Library
A Dog's Purpose is available for checkout at the Howard County Public Library. The Howard County Public Library has:
(11) Copies of the book.
(4) Copies as a book-on-CD.
Howard County Library Central Branch
10375 Little Patuxent Pkwy
Columbia, MD 21044
Mon. - Thurs. 10 am - 9 pm
Fri. - Sat. 10 am - 6 pm