What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
The Compassionate Communication Practice Circle is for people that want to learn Nonviolent Communication (NVC) and integrate it into their lives. NVC inspires heartfelt connections between ourselves and others—making it more likely that everyone’s needs will be met. It will support you in moving from default reactions causing disconnect toward ease and flow in your relationships.
Together, we will:
* Observe and connect with our feelings and needs, and the feelings and needs of others.
* Build empathy in relationships - which can deepen friendships, heal communities, and resolve conflicts.
* Learn to effectively ask for what you want, hear others even in disagreement, and move toward solutions that work for both of you.
* Explore sharing “power with others” rather than resorting to “power over others.”
All are welcome, whether you are new to Nonviolent Communication or have many years of experience. The atmosphere will be relaxed and informal.
For those who are completely new to Nonviolent Communication, before attending the practice circle, we request 2 things in order to meet needs for learning and community:
* Watch this 11 minute introductory video about NVC: https://youtu.be/DgaeHeIL39Y
* Read the first chapter of the NVC book: Available for free at https://www.cnvc.org/training/resource/book-chapter-1 or order the book from Amazon at https://amzn.to/2u7x5zZ or any bookstore.
* Check-in - create a safe space for community, authenticity and growth
* Practice time - experiential activities to practice compassionate communication in small groups or pairs
* Harvest learning - share take-aways and interesting stuff
* Check-out - celebrate our learning and honor our experience together
At our practice circle we will ask for a donation to cover the Meetup subscription costs. This is a request, not a demand. There is no requirement to pay in order to participate. By donating $15 or some amount of your choosing, you are helping to meet our need for sustainability.
Join us as we explore ways to integrate compassion for yourself and others into our everyday lives.