Hi Electronic Music Fans,
I?m pleased to introduce to you our new community/network iluvEM also known as the NYC Electronic Music Meetup Group!
If you answer ?yes? to any of the questions below, then look no further, this is THE group you?ve been looking for.
1) Are you looking to make friends for company at electronic music (any genre) events and parties?
2) Are you looking to discuss electronic music with other people who share the same interests?
3) Are you a DJ or producer looking to network and promote your work?
4) Are you a promoter looking to get the word out about parties, events or concerts?
5) Are you an Electronic Music ADDICT?
6) Are you here for any other reason? (Please answer this question in your profile)
The major subgenres of electronica including house, trance, techno, drum&base, etc. are less influential in the world arena then genres like hip hop because there is a lack of unity among fans of electronica world wide. You?re either Tiesto or underground, but never both. Why not respect different styles? Connecting Electronic Music Fans (EMFs) of different subgenres via an online and offline community will take electronica to another level in terms of influence and appeal on the world stage.
We?re a friendly online and OFFLINE social and business networking community and social group connecting people with diverse experience, knowledge, backgrounds and interests in electronic music and any or all of its subgenres globally and locally in NYC.
To become the world?s number one umbrella network of Electronic Music Fans and professionals and to strengthen and unite the global electronica fan base.
iluvEM includes electronic music fans, DJs, producers, promoters from all over the world and with interests spanning the wide range of sub-genres within electronica (check out the following Wikipedia link for a great breakdown!) http://en.wikipedia.o... We are inclusive and do not discriminate so long as you respect people of different backgrounds AND music tastes within the world of electronica. Please join our exciting, growing NYC-based global community of Electronic Music Fans!
After college graduation, I had a hard time meeting people in NYC who was interested in electronic music. Most of my friends listen to mainstream top 40 or hiphop or other genres. This group ensures that people don?t have to endure this type of suffering. =)
I don?t have in-depth knowledge of any particular sub genre of electronic music, nor do I have ANY technical DJ/production skills. However, I?m constantly meeting people with the above skills and/or knowledge and working on being more well-rounded and well-connected so that I can be a more effective organizer.
I have a passion and strength for connecting people. People and networking are my biggest strengths, as well as promotions and outreach.
I?m a Pacha NYC promoter, and I?m honored to be the Pacha connection of our group. As a member of the New York Electronic Music Meetup Group you and/or your friends can mention you?re on the CONNECTIONZ list for no-hassle reduced admission to all events and parties at Pacha NYC before 2AM on any weekend night with the exception of Made Events productions. I also sell reduced tickets for all major Pacha DJ events.
Pacha NYC is one of the many venues associated with Connectionz Promotions, an international nightlife, promotions and event planning company with a social cause based in NYC I recently launched that promotes parties, events AND peace and cross-cultural understanding. If you?re interested in staying informed about reduced admission Pacha tickets and guestlists and/or joining the diverse community that Connectionz Promotions is building under my leadership please email: email@example.com with the word ?JOIN? in the subject line or be our friend on our new myspace at http://www.myspace.co....
1) Spam and advertising is strictly prohibited on our group pages. If you're a DJ/promoter/record label rep/producer/record store owner/club owner or represent any other interest, we still love ya, but you need Organizer consent before advertising on our mailing list or otherwise.
2) We are NOT a dating group and we will not tolerate harassing of our members. If I receive a direct complaint from one of our members about online or offline harassment, you will be given one warning. Should I receive any other complaints against this individual, I will be forced to eject and blacklist him/her on New York Electronic Music Meetup Group (yikes!) However, please don?t let this scare you away, as we are a social group and our area of expertise is partying LOL?.so just know your limits!
If you see potential in our group and want to be a part of the ACTION, please do the following ASAP!
1) Register (if you haven?t done so already)
2) Update your profile and add a photo! (I have 5 exciting questions to pick your brain!)
3) RSVP for upcoming PVD, JP and DT events ? check out our calendar at this link: http://electronicmusi...
4) If there is any event you would like to promote or look for people to go with to, please send me ALL information including the time, location, venue information, event details and your contact information (for me to post showing that you?re officially hosting the event)
5) Start using our message board to interact with other members AFTER checking out our new message board and mailing list policy at the link below and choose to opt in or out of our brand new group listserve?
6) Ask any questions you have (I?m compiling a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page
Organizer and Electronic Music Fan
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|iluvEM!!!||October 25, 2007 11:52 AM||former member|
|About NYC Showtime: Discount Concerts,Theater, Shows, and more||April 26, 2006 9:05 AM||Nektarios K.|