addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The New York Conservatives Meetup Group Message Board › Meetup locations

Meetup locations

Ron L.
rmlew
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 10
In the past, meetups have taken place in bars, some of which played rather loudly. While such an atmosphere may be appropriate for getting drunk and “hooking up,” a more relaxed atmosphere is more conducive for discussion. We don't have to meet in the same location each month and if enough members are interested, we could even meet in different boroughs.

Please list bars or other locations you believe will be appropriate for meetups.
Doug & N.
RosePedals
Jackson Heights, NY
Post #: 7
How about a meetup at Viva Pancho's Mexican restaurant? The waiters are friendly, the atmosphere is quiet, the food is low cost (and high quality), and the location is accessible by public transportation. There's a small bar in the front as you walk in but the restaurant is behind that with tables in the back that they can put together to accommodate large groups.

Viva Pancho's is located on 44th Street between 6th & 7th/Broadway, off Times Square. And for those who prefer a drink to relax with conversation, the margaritas there are the best in town. We've been going there for years now and always thought this would be a great meetup location. Who's in for giving it a try?
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello Everyone,

I think Viva Pancho's sounds like a great location. I would be taking the train into Penn Station, so it would be very convenient for me. I second Doug & Natasha's motion!

Michael Seth
A former member
Post #: 14
Doug and Natasha's Location would be fine for me.
Ron L.
rmlew
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 15
The location of Viva Pancho is quite nice. I am not averse to a Mexican restaurant, assuming that the atmosphere is condusive to discussion. However, the name concerns me. Do you know if it is a reference to Pancho Villa?
Villa was a Mexican brigand and self-styled revolutionary, who conducted murderous raids into the US.
Doug & N.
RosePedals
Jackson Heights, NY
Post #: 8
We can't say for certain what Viva Pancho was named after or whom that represents, but we can tell you this: The waiters are very accommodating and will never chase you out of there with the bill the way most restaurants do. Nor is this place like the average "stuffy" diner. So it's a great place for relaxing with conversation.

Here's our suggestion: Try it once and see for yourself, and see how the group responds to the place. I think it's a great place for talking to people over a bite with margaritas without it being an outrageous expense. If we chose, we could order a pitcher or half pitcher of margaritas and split the bill amongst at least two people -- that makes for a very reasonable night out.

Of course, if you have a different place in mind, we are not in the business of trying to convince anyone of anything. This was just a suggestion :-)
A former member
Post #: 2
Buenos dias amigos,

I'm w/ Doug & Natasha on this. Since it apparently is a fine capitalist establishment, I have no problemas giving Viva Pancho the benefit of the doubt. (Besides, Pancho could be any one of half-a-billion people, and it is in fact the nickname I give President Bush when he forgets his base and panders to big business and El Presidente Fox on immigration reform.) If it turns out to be THE Pancho, we can simply pay the check in pesos and speak to management about the need to change the name. Or, we could wallpaper the restrooms with Tom Tancredo bumper stickers. Living in the heart of the fever swamp, I've learned it's much more fun to get even, rather than mad. Besides, where else can we go? A French place?! A German beer garden?! The Russian Tea Room?! Even Greek diners would be out! That leaves British pub food (which is always a good idea, BTW) and the few Aussie and Polish joints in the city that I don't even know about. Adios for now...
Mikebiggrin
Ron L.
rmlew
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 16
Then, I'll see you all at Pancho's. Unfortunately, I may be delayed untill after 8, but I'll buy a pitcher of beer.

Ron
Doug & N.
RosePedals
Jackson Heights, NY
Post #: 9
Here's to meeting at Viva Pancho's on 44th St. between 6th & 7th Ave. off B-way. The address is: 156 West 44th Street.

We hope to see you this Wednesday at 7PM. You can get there by taking any train to Times Square and then walk over.