addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Pittsburgh Creative Crafters Message Board Announcements › Changes to the Creative Crafters.

Changes to the Creative Crafters.

Better B.
user 117180322
Group Organizer
New Kensington, PA
Some changes took place this weekend.
The biggest change is hopefully nothing "old" has changed, but a lot of new things will start to happen!
Shayna had stepped down, and I was reorganizing my groups, and realized that I had an extra opening (Meetup allows you three per email/fee) and this group does have a lot of potential.  So I stepped in to keep it growing.  Hopefully Shayna will keep posting things to do :)
I made some changes to the FORUM area.  There are separate areas to discuss/ask things.
Announcements
General Craft Discussions
Jewelry Craft
Paper Craft
Fiber Craft
Wood Craft
Scrapbooking
There is room for more, but those jumped at me initially.  Leather and Metal craft, maybe specifics for something like Knitting or Crochet if there is an interest, etc.  I realize I don't have a Painting/drawing area.  But give suggestions :)  Mixed Media?
This group is still open to the general crafting community, and events from all over the area.  Everyone is encouraged to post.  If the system isn't set up for it, I'll make sure that anyone can suggest a Meetup.  The organizers can move it to the calendar directly (if it's an event happening) or it can "wait" until it has 3 people interested to post itself to the calendar.  GET INVOLVED :)
It seemed to me that this was a collection of "things to do" but not a real group that got together and did things on a regular basis.  And, before we go any further, not EVERYONE has to go to EVERY meetup, or be interested in EVERY thing we do!  That's not the purpose.  Find what you like, but hopefully there will be events that will cross borders and bring people together just to chat, talk, show off, and have a little fun.

My Rock & Bead shop will be officially sponsoring the group, and has an area with tables that can be used for meetups.  Our store hours are 2-8pm Tues-Saturday, so there is plenty of time in the evening, and we are often there til 9 or later, so late night crafting is possible.  The area _IS_ safe.  There is parking WITHOUT fee.  There is a Pizza shop two doors down, and a Chinese Takeout (Good!) a block up.  Both are also open late.   I have a Keurig coffee machine, and a variety of coffees/flavors.  There is usually bottled water in the fridge.  We usually stock other soft drinks, but not yet.

As such, there will be an area just for the Rock Shop, and where things related to it, our products and services, and the use of the workspace can be discussed.  A small "price" to pay to fund this group ;)

I run a bunch of other groups in crafting, photography, etc and sponsor the PUG meetup as well.  I have a pretty good handle on what makes a successful group, as several of my groups are marking their 9th or 10th year, and one is almost 12.
Hopefully, this group will reach that ripe old age :)
In addition to the workshop space/table spaces, there is a separate studio area for drawing both still life and life drawings.  This area can be used and /or rented for individual or group use subject to availability.  It is ideal for photography and drawing, but has no water/clean up area for painting.   If interested, ask for details.    Organizers of studio events MUST be supporting members of this, or one of our other groups.

If you'd like to get involved in events, please do!  Use the FORUM to offer suggestions, meet other people, etc. Use the "Suggest a Meetup" feature to start something of your own.   Otherwise, feel free to sit back and watch until something does catch your eye.

Scot