addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Florida Atheists, Critical Thinkers & Skeptics. Message Board › God Belongs in My City Prayer Walk in Orlando on Aug 25, 9:30 AM downtown

God Belongs in My City Prayer Walk in Orlando on Aug 25, 9:30 AM downtown

A former member
Post #: 108
http://www.godbelongsinmycity.com/tourorlando/­
I found postcards advertising this at my office building today. Interestingly, atheists are responsible for this movement:
IT ALL STARTED…
In October of 2009, a youth group passionate for God in New York City saw an Atheist advertisement campaign in their subway system which stated, “A Million New Yorkers Are Good Without God. Are You? They were so stirred up by this, that they went to their Youth Pastor who then went to his network of Youth Pastors/leaders to ask, “What are we, as the body of Christ going to do about this?”. They prayed and decided to take action and have Youth Ministries from all around the 5 boroughs hold a prayer walk wearing a simple T-shirt which stated “God Belongs in My City“. In less than 2 weeks, on November 14th, 2009, over 1,500 youth walked from North and South of Manhattan meeting at Times Square and Grand Central Station making a bold statement that made history in the city and now the nation. Will your city be next?
Swami
swami_pixelguy
Orlando, FL
Post #: 478
Although I will not be participating, they are certainly within their rights in the U.S. to express themselves in the manner and place they have chosen.

How do you view the point that the Walk is a reaction to an Atheist ad campaign? Certainly, it is not surprising, nor illegal, nor unconstitutional. Please note that I'm not saying you have implied any of these things. Just curious as to the nature of the post.

TIA,

Swami
A former member
Post #: 184

I do find it interesting when the Holy People
generate such enthusiasm in their hearts,
that they will walk in praise of their Imaginary God.

Now, consider how much effort you would have to apply,
to get Wholy Joseph to walk fifty feet from his car,
in praise of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

For most of the world's history, being a non-believer
carried the death penalty. If 'things' go in cycles,
how long will our Freedom of Expression last ?

Drake W.
Sir_Drake
Orlando, FL
Post #: 24

IT ALL STARTED…
In October of 2009, a youth group passionate for God in New York City saw an Atheist advertisement campaign in their subway system which stated, “A Million New Yorkers Are Good Without God. Are You? They were so stirred up by this, that they went to their Youth Pastor who then went to his network of Youth Pastors/leaders to ask, “What are we, as the body of Christ going to do about this?”. They prayed and decided to take action and have Youth Ministries from all around the 5 boroughs hold a prayer walk wearing a simple T-shirt which stated “God Belongs in My City“. In less than 2 weeks, on November 14th, 2009, over 1,500 youth walked from North and South of Manhattan meeting at Times Square and Grand Central Station making a bold statement that made history in the city and now the nation. Will your city be next?

So now do the theists have subway ads that say "Nuh Uh! Only 998,500 New Yorkers are Good without God!"???