addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Cross Media Group of Austin Message Board › Why are you here??

Why are you here??

A former member
Post #: 16
What brought you to the Flash meetup group?

1. I dont know
2. Learn Tips, get help
3. Find Friends with similar interests
4. I like Halcyon
5. Looking to hire or get a job
6. ...you get the idea

For me, I enjoy hearing workds like Actionscript, CSS, Photoshop, PHP, Download and Beer. Just wish i could download a beer right now.

I have dabbled in a lot of everything but i want to secialize in Flash, Actionscript, PHP.
Ryan Joy (.
atxryan
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
1. I concur. I don't know. I think maybe it's because I work with Jacob.
2. I don't even like Flash, but sometimes I have to debug other's Actionscript.
3. Maybe someone will want to discuss using Flash as an client-side API to get around some of the limitations placed on the Javascript sandbox.
4. Halcyon is a great place to unwind after work.
5. I could use a beer right now...
A former member
1. Get inspired to do things with Flash I haven't thought of
2. Hear about cool sites and apps using Flash, to stay on top of the news
3. Community is always good thing
4. It's good to break out of ruts and meet new folks
5. Yes. Beer.
A former member
Post #: 2
I think it's mainly the beer.
A former member
Post #: 404
http://www.youtube.co...­

mmmmm beer...
A former member
I am interested in developing my abilities to design and code for the purpose of e-learning. My background is in aviation and not computer science. Lacking the foundational knowledge provided by formal education in CS makes for a steeper learning curve, but I am addicted to the challenge of becoming a proficient developer with Flash (flying airplanes gets boring). I have been using Flash in my spare time for about a year and my aspiration is to get to a level where I can design and code relatively complex simulations for the purpose of e-learning for aviation.
Jacob N.
Austin, TX
Post #: 19
I guess it was to meet like minded people with my interest. I'm not sure. I thought I was starting a flashers group. I already bought my long brown coat.
A former member
Post #: 2
I wanted to collaborate with other Flash users, gain insight on becoming a better artist and hopefully one day work for some employer creating animation. Or start our own from talent here.

...oh well, guess I can always sit, hold my cup out on youtube.
A former member
Post #: 68
Guess I'll dust this one off and add a reply.

1. Flash seems like one of the better options for an independent developer to get their game to market.

2. Education is always a good thing.

3. I haven't been in a position to take advantage of them yet, but the occasional job postings are nice to see.